eBay buyers -- beware

crdahlia(z8bWA)January 31, 2007

I was just checking out the dahlia offerings on eBay. I'm the first to say some good things can be bought there --in fact, one of my favorites from last year -- Papa's Benji, I bought there. However, if you are not real familiar with dahlias, I would recommend you check with someone you know is to let you know if the description is correct. I would definitely "not" buy from someone who just purchases them from a wholesale company and has not grown them themselves. Case in point is one offered there now -- Thomas A. Edison. They are describing it as a 'dinnerplate', growing to 10". While I'm sure for some, with major disbudding, it might grow to 10", it's normal size as classified by the ADS is 6"-8", a B size.

I'm sure there are many experienced growers here on the dahlia forum, myself included, who would be have you e-mail them directly to ask about a particular offering.

Teresa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oscarthecat(z7MD)

I do believe if you are a serious grower of any plant you are always better off dealing with a known source. Steve in Baltimore County PS sometimes a bargain is not a bargain.

Bookmark   January 31, 2007 at 10:46AM
More Discussions
Identifying a plant
Can anyone tell me what this is please? It's come up...
chillout_cy
Dahlia information
Hello everyone, I am thinking of getting Dahlias (either...
nad0nad
large booms
I would like to kmow a variyey which will produce a...
paul584
Winter sunshine
With temps dipping subzero again this weekend, a little...
cicivacation
When will this winter ever be over?
Can't wait for the better weather to come so I can...
Paul Reeder
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™