Juncus Spirales

karmachylde(8/LA)May 2, 2005

Has anyone ever heard of/grown Juncus spirales? I'd like to know how it does in a fresh or dried arrangement.

Robyn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anniew(4-5/PA)

That's the new thing I just picked up at Wal-mart...wanted to try it to see if it would do in arrangements. I'll keep you posted if you do the same!!!
It is in the reed family...likes bogs, wetland areas, but I was also told it spreads, so hope it isn't real invasive.
Ann

Bookmark   May 2, 2005 at 9:47PM
Josh(z8a)

Great in fresh arrangements...will outlast most any greenery...also dries well. Hardy here so mine's in a big clay pot sitting in deep saucer kept filled with water. Next to Equisetum hyemale (Horsetail or Scouring Rush) which also works well fresh or dried.

There are also a couple of Scirpus with variegated stems: S. zebrinus (2-3 feet) horizontally striped with white and very strong grower, good in fresh arrangements; and Scirpus albescens (1 foot) almost entirely white but slow grower for me so haven't cut any for vase use. Both of these are hardy here and need boggy soil. josh

Bookmark   May 3, 2005 at 1:34AM
cwi6883459(6 PA)

please email me regarding this awesome plant. i have two of them and wondered how to preserve them over the winter. bring them in or leave out?

Bookmark   August 25, 2005 at 5:21AM
Josh(z8a)

Plant Delights has several listed as Juncus effusus hardy to zone 4. Type "Juncus" in search box. For some reason I can't link direct to page. Click on each for photos and hardiness info.

josh

Here is a link that might be useful: Juncus

Bookmark   August 25, 2005 at 6:39AM
More Discussions
Please recommend cut flowers
I have two spots open in my raised bed for two plants....
mshelenlu
wedding flower help
1st . I would like to grow calla lollies for daughters...
mohawkmom
Flower Identification?
I've received this flower in some arrangements I've...
jessisok
Zinnia flower heads not growing large as expected
I planted a variety of zinnias this year....smoothies...
tizzylizzyloo
White flowers for dappled shade
Looking for white annuals or perennials for under the...
lmsparkie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™