White spots on Meyer Lemon Tree

rjblea1(z10 CA)September 11, 2005

I was able to start two Meyer Lemon plants from seeds indoors and they started doing well. Recently (now several months old), they began turning yellow. Noting that this was either due to overwatering, or not enough nitrogen or iron, I now only water weekly, and feed it with Mircle Grow plant food which contains both iron and nitrogen. The leaves are now turning green again.

Suddenly, however, within the past 48 hours, I have noticed these white irregular spots on one of the newest leaves.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rjblea1(z10 CA)

I don't understand how to put the image directly in my message so I posted teh image in the test image forum and I'm trying to link the image. [I hope this works:]

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   September 11, 2005 at 4:23PM
Millet(z5)

The spots shown in the picture are not all that uncommon. They generally occur when there is a sudden change in the soil moisture status combined with low atmospheric humidity. Unless you see an upsurge of these I do not think there is all that much to worry about. - Millet

Bookmark   September 14, 2005 at 12:31AM
Millet(z5)

With these type of spots the symptoms usually always appear as chlorotic areas on the leaf blade between the midrib and leaf margins that later turn gray to light brown. Following is unrelated to above) On citrus seedlings you should always water in the morning so the sun's rays can dry the soil surface before night fall, to avoid problems with Rhizoctonia, Phytophthora and Pythium fungi. Take care. - Millet

Bookmark   September 14, 2005 at 12:59AM
bencelest(z9 CA)

I agree with Millet. I have those spots similar to yours from time to time but I thought those were caused by some insects nibbled at the leaf and it flew afterwards. Unless there are many leaves that are like that, if I were you I won't worry about it. I always thought that there will be new leaves, new growth that will replace them. Sometimes I snip them for good looks and you know what? The plant is forced to grow new buds to replace them.

Bookmark   September 14, 2005 at 10:48AM
More Discussions
My Meyer Lemon Tree is not doing well... can I save it?
Hi All, I am new to this forum and joined because I...
braun928
Bugs 16
Bugs 15 is getting to big so starting this one. Trace...
tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)
New leaves - possible too much watering?
Hi! New member here. I haven't had a chance to go back...
springddd
Help with citrus scale
Hello all, my satsuma mandarin is dropping leaves....
Jeff
Sap on citrus leaves, but no insects
I have been studying the many comments regarding sap...
diekle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™