How to send flowers to daughter for b'day

phylrae(z5a/centralNYS)June 14, 2005

Our daughter turns 21 Friday. I wonder if there is any way that we could send her a garden bouquet (in a flower type box) that would get there cool and fresh? She lives in Long Island, we are in central New York State. We have some hybrid teas, floribundas and Austin roses finally blooming, as well as perennials like Trollius, daisies etc. How would we do it or is it impossible? Obviously we've never done any shipping of flowers, and really, I've never received flowers via mail myself. Anyone? (Obviously, I don't like florist flowers that much, and can't afford them). Thanks. Phyl

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jansblooms(z4 IA)

Phyl, I've never done this, so I'm only guessing. Are you near a UPS or FedEx station? If so, call them for their advice and their pricing. It seems that they should be able to do overnight delivery, if not faster, since you're in the same state.

It may be impossible to successfully ship flowers in water. Have you thought about using well-soaked Oasis foam, wrapped in plastic, to maintain your well-conditioned flowers? Then put that in a sturdy box with TOP clearly marked.

If you find a way, please let us know. Good luck!

Bookmark   June 14, 2005 at 9:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phylrae(z5a/centralNYS)

Thanks so much for your response (Jan, I'm guessing?) I'll call UPS or stop by and see what they say. :0) Phyl

Bookmark   June 15, 2005 at 5:15AM
More Discussions
Straw for mulch?
Hello everyone, I am considering using straw for mulch...
Fundybayfarm
David Austin roses for cutting
Hey helloo community I'm brand new to roses and am...
Clemmielover
selling at markets, selling to florists
Hi, I'm wondering if most people sell only flowers...
phlowerpower
Growing zinnias and ranunculus for wedding
Hello, I am planning on growing the necessary flowers...
Logan-Jess
planting out hardy annuals
Hey all, was reading recently that it should be safe...
tomlinson04
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™