Drip irrigation automated watering for potted lemon/lime/avocado

rblytheSeptember 16, 2013

I have heard that drip irrigation can work well, has anyone had success with these drip irrigation systems for potted citrus (lemon/lime/avocado)? Any suggestions on brands or systems, etc? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skinn30a(9a/8b)

I grow my potted citrus (19 varieties) with open hydroponics and yes, drip or micro-emitter irrigation can be very effective. That said, you've got to be laser focused on your trees because automated irrigation is also a very good method to kill your citrus deader than a hammer.

You've got to re-evaluate everything...container, potting media, root-stock, nutrition...

I'll be more than happy to share my experiences (successes and failures) with you if you're serious about the exercise...

Best,

skinn30a

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 10:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rogerv_gw

We're going on vacation for a month this summer, and have a lime tree in a large pot. I'd like to set it up on drip for this, and was wondering if you're still around and could share your experiences...I would assume that once a week would be appropriate, since it is established, wondering how much water, how many emitters, what kind of emitters, etc.?

So, yes please, I'm serious and would like to hear it from someone who's actually done it and made it work *smile*.

Thanks.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 10:34PM
More Discussions
Got a couple citrus and don't know what to do
So, I got a lemon tree and a lime tree as housewarming...
beesneeds
Leaf drop question, meyermike, johnmerr, or all expert advice please
I've been watching one of my two meyer lemon tree's...
stickstring (Northern California 8b)
Wish me luck - transplanted a 6-7 year old Golden Nugget
Planted too close to a bearss, the lime was towering...
serge94501
Kumquat :From seed to fruit in one year?
Someone tried to tell me that I can grow a kumquat...
italiangardner
Costco citrus!
Has your Costco started to stock any? We got some kumquat,...
serge94501
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™