Areas of damage on citrus tree trunks

noss(Zone 9a Lafayette, LA)September 17, 2012

Hi,

I got two little Page Mandarins and didn't notice when I picked them up that the bark is damaged on both. New bark is growing into the bare space. The damage goes from the root stock to the tree itself in one long strip on the one and the other one is the same except not so long a strip and there's another little spot on its tree trunk. I'd post a photo, but don't know how and my husband is away on his work hitch. I was wondering if there is anything I should do clean off the dark mildew that is on the tree trunk and that has discolored the wood inside. It looks like black mildew.

I'm not losing any money on them and they have lots of leaves, but most of the new growth is full of leaf miners and they look awful, but are still green. They're not losing any more leaves than is normal, from what I can tell. I wish I had found them sooner in the season so I could give them some Foliage Pro to help them.

The bark that is filling in seems to be healthy-looking.

Thanks,

Vivian

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

they will probably be okay, Vivian, but it does help to see how extensive the damage is. Just snap some photos, load them to your computer, then you can just just click on the "Browse" button next to the "Image fiel to upload (optional): and browse to your photo to upload it. Very easy :-)

Patty S.

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 7:26PM
More Discussions
Can Budwood be too small, or thin?
When grafting should I try to obtain close to pencil...
figbear (8b coastal carolina)
Broken Satsuma and Kumquat trees
Hello all. Last May, I planted satsuma and kumquat...
lsugolfredman
The whole Citrus Gang on the back deck....
Brought all the Citrus outside today for a good Neeming...! I...
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
My Meyer Lemon Tree is not doing well... can I save it?
Hi All, I am new to this forum and joined because I...
braun928
Bugs 15
Ok. I've had enough of having to wait forever to get...
mikerno_1micha
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™