Update USDA Cut Flower/Ornamental Price Reports Restarted

bluestarrgallery(zone 7 GA)June 29, 2006

Hello all, good news re USDA price reports - apparently they have been restared on a limited basis - our collective voices made a difference. Linda

See below:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your recent email regarding the wholesale flower reports issued by Fruit and Vegetable Market News. Due to the large number of inquiries and requests for this information, we have resumed limited reporting. We have resumed once a week reporting out of our Boston office, effective June 20, 2006. The Boston Wholesale Ornamental Crops Report will be issued each week on Tuesday, except when Tuesday is a Federal holiday. In that case the report will be issued on Wednesday.

It is our hope that this report will meet your information needs. Again, we appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,

Terry Long, Branch Chief

Fruit and Vegetable Market News

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anniew(4-5/PA)

Can you please supply a link for that so we can check it weekly. Thanks...Ann

Bookmark   July 10, 2006 at 9:20AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowerfarmer

A special thanks should be extended to Dave Dowling, president of our ASCFG organization, for his diligent efforts and meetings with Terry Long to have the reporting resumed. We also thank Terry for working with our organization providing this valuable service to all cut flower growers. An added benefit of belonging to the ASCFG is members will soon have their own Pricing Index in order to price our product accordingly.

Here is a link that might be useful: USDA Ornamental Pricing Report

Bookmark   July 10, 2006 at 11:28AM
More Discussions
Need help identifying this plant/flower
My wife bought a variety pack of seeds and this plant/flower...
carillon
White flowers for dappled shade
Looking for white annuals or perennials for under the...
lmsparkie
fovglove tree from seed... advice
Its two months old... ant tips???
missdock-1
Bright Light Cosmos Never Again
This is the second year in a row that my bright light...
weld
please post your flower arrangement we love to see them
I have an Idea I will post some flower arrangements...
Lorna1949
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™