floral supplies

ruth52September 1, 2010

Does anyone know the name of the shredded foam product that is being used in flower arrangements? I have noticed many loosely arranged flowers now have the loose foam type material instead of oasis. Have looked for it...but don't know what it is really called!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kitkat_oregon(7)

Ruth, I think what you are talking about is actually an Oasis product, they are offering it in small cubes now and also in tiny chunks in a rainbow of colors. Cool stuff!! I buy my Oasis products from saveoncrafts.com. There are lots of vendors for this stuff, so you might want to get it from someone closer to you. Have fun!! Kat

Here is a link that might be useful: Save on crafts

Bookmark   September 2, 2010 at 6:12PM
kitkat_oregon(7)

Ruth, the url that I gave for this is wrong. Correct is posted below. Sorry, Kat

Here is a link that might be useful: Save on crafts updated

Bookmark   September 2, 2010 at 6:24PM
kitkat_oregon(7)

Ruth, once more with feeling, Save on crafts does not carry the rainbow foam, Barbaras Gardens does. My brain is on some other planet right now. Kat

Here is a link that might be useful: Barbaras gardens

Bookmark   September 2, 2010 at 6:34PM
ruth52

Thanks for the info...that stuff looks interesting...tho might be fairly expensive. But it isn't what I have seen, I don't think. What I am talking about...is more "crunchy" in texture--wet or dry. I don't think it absorbs water...tho not for sure on that. Really reminds me of shredded plastic or something?

Bookmark   September 3, 2010 at 3:06PM
gardengirl77

Ruth52, Are you talking about a white Styrofoam type filler florist use in vase arrangements?

Bookmark   September 3, 2010 at 11:12PM
ruth52

Yes! That is exactly what I am looking for...the name/a place to purchase it, etc.

Bookmark   September 4, 2010 at 12:37PM
gardengirl77

Ruth52,
I worked for years as a florist, so I believe what you are looking for is sometimes called Snow....or shredded Styrofoam/ground Styrofoam.It comes in green and white and different textures too. Florists use it to help retain water and it can add a attractive enhancement to arrangements. I know of a couple of web sites that you can get this product. One is floracraft.com and another place is thecraftplace.com. I hope this helps!

Bookmark   September 4, 2010 at 6:02PM
ruth52

That's it! Thank you so much...I sell at farmers market...and occasionally need something with a clear vase.

Bookmark   September 4, 2010 at 8:07PM
More Discussions
Self seeding annuals in zone 4
Hello! I was wondering if anyone has had experience...
greenthumbon1hand
cold hardy kiwi
looking for a male and female cuttings to start cold...
juststartingout
wedding flower help
1st . I would like to grow calla lollies for daughters...
mohawkmom
Longest-Lasting Flowers for Arrangements?
Any suggestions for long-lasting cut flowers would...
christy51274
Growing zinnias and ranunculus for wedding
Hello, I am planning on growing the necessary flowers...
Logan-Jess
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™