Succulent Trade / Gifting - Not a Succulent Sendoff, alas

cactusmcharrisNovember 20, 2011

So, since the Exchange page is forbidden to furriners, both those always and those sometimes, I'm posting this here, in somewhat violation of the rules, but also to let you know I'll be down in the States in December and wanted to send some of you some plant gifts. Many of you I've sent plants to in the past. I'm suggesting that I'll send you something in my current collection which I have extras of that you don't have, you send me something that I don't have (or did when I sent you the plant cuttings originally). Sort of like a gift exchange, except that I'm not likely able to entertain all requests which offer plants I'm not interested in - my collection has to be a little selective due to the lack of a greenhouse.

Anyway, you can send me an email to me via my screen name and I'll respond to you privately.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you, and possibly acquiring some plants I had 6 years ago but don't anymore.

Happy Thanksgiving to You And Yours

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cactusmcharris

All is prefaced with the need for you to want the plants I have extras of - overgenerous fairness is usually the rule I pack the boxes of delight with.

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 12:26PM
chaparralgirl(Sonoran Desert (CA))

Oh, it's too bad I don't have anything you'd likely be interested in!

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 1:03PM
ssk22

Jeff,
You are the one that always has the neat plants that I want. I know I have nothing out of the ordinary that you would want. Too bad for me.....
Sharon

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 2:33PM
Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6

Jeff, If I may be so bold. Where are you going to in the States. I also don't have anything very valuable, but good old cash. Or is that swearing!! Anyway, hope you enjoy yourself down here. I know in Clearwater, Florida, almost 1/2 the residents are snowbirds from Canada. They stay there almost 6 months. Lucky souls!!
Stush

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 5:36PM
cactusmcharris

Stush,

I'll be near Phoenix, AZ. I'm sorry I met you six years too late for a Succulent Sendoff. I won't be staying nearly that long, just two weeks.

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 7:37PM
minime8484

Any chance you can get away for a visit to Chandler while you are here? Don't know if I have anything you'd be interested in for a trade, but we can sit and chat and enjoy the weather and the plants!

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 7:50PM
cactusmcharris

Hi Tristan!,

That's one of my plans. I intend to contact you privately. Any chance you need some Canadian jade?

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 10:14PM
minime8484

Great! I hope it works out with your schedule.
No jade needed, but thanks for the offer!
Look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Tristan

Bookmark   November 21, 2011 at 9:35AM
cactusmcharris

Folks,

Offline conversation with Massa Tom has allowed me to rethink this suggestion. Even back in the day, when I'd make the Succulent Sendoff offer, I'd state that I might not be mailing the package until March/April.....Anyway, I don't know what I was thinking, but the only part of the country I'd feel OK with trading with is the extreme Southwest. If I could, I'd delete this message, but I don't have vetting authority.

Anyway, I'm happy to have met some of you offline, but this offer is Closed For The Winter.

In the meantime, I'll be thinking and plotting and executing plant propagation with a number of you in mind, on two continents,, too, and we'll hope Ol' Man Winter is not exceedingly harsh.

Bookmark   November 21, 2011 at 11:19AM
paul_(z5 MI)

Generous offer, Jeff, but even if it wasn't winter iminent, alas I too would have nothing succulent/cacti-wise to offer. Most of my plantage follows other persuasions.

Bookmark   November 21, 2011 at 1:26PM
More Discussions
Spring repots anyone???
I've already started my Spring repots even though it's...
deva33 Z5 SE Iowa
Hobbits for Nancy
Here are the Hobbits I was talking about. My Mom got...
ehuns27 7a PA
Jades Surviving, but not Thriving
Hello! New here, but I've been lurking for the last...
andelice
Two more Echies from today
The first is E. kircheriana and the one in the back...
hablu
what is this propigation and what can I do with the root?!
this is something a friend of mine gave my mom in a...
Britni Rice
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™