Selling Questions -- Beginning Phase
Hi all! I cannot believe there is a cutting garden forum!
My daughter and I are trying to think up ways to raise money so she can attend camps this summer. I can't believe the prices.
I was thinking how great it could be if she sold cut flowers we grew together to raise money.
1) I am already wondering about the legalities of it. If she ran it like a lemonade stand -- I wonder if we would get in trouble!
2) What type of paperwork do you need to participate in a Farmer's Market? We would have cut flowers only....no cheeses, soaps, veggies, etc. Flowers only. You have to buy a business license ($75 here in Atlanta)....and anything else? If you sell cut flowers, do you have to have special certification...any inspections? (This is Georgia.)
3) The intown farmer's markets have booth space about $10-$15 weekly (one day, 3hrs). Could we break even?
4) What are your prices usually on, say, daffodil stems? Daffodils are something we're looking into -- I know I'd have to act quickly. I don't want to scare away w/ high prices, but I don't want to give them away free, either! Say,....a bundle of 5 specialty ones for $2??? We have no idea about pricing.
5) Is there a good book written about the selling of cut flowers from the backyard?
Thank you! We will be here w/ lots of questions, I'm sure!