Meyer lemon site

Sara Malone Zone 9bOctober 7, 2012

I just purchased an espaliered improved Meyer lemon, having planned to put it on the south wall of a structure. For various reasons, it turns out that that is not a good spot. Another potential site is the east wall. Will it received enough sun in that location? There is no overhang. I'm in Sonoma County.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
johnmerr(11)

Meyers will grow quite well and produce plenty of fruit with as little as 2-3 hours of direct sunlight; so the east wall will be just fine, as long as you don't have a tall fence or other building too close for the sun to catch it in the morning. Be glad you didn't choose the south wall; an espaliered Meyer would likely get overheated in that position.

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 2:20PM
Sara Malone Zone 9b

Thanks very much! Nothing close to it, so it will get sun until noon or so. I appreciate your help.

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 8:02PM
cricket952

I planted a small Meyers Lemon tree in June( outside, in North FL, it, had 3 green lemons, it's October and I still have 3 "bigger" green lemons!
I keep waiting for them to turn Yellow! How long does that usually take? 4 months just seems long
Thanks for your help,
~ my mouth is watering just waiting :)~

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 12:59PM
johnmerr(11)

You can expect your lemons to reach maturity, meaning 8.5 Brix, around the beginning of November; if you leave them on the tree longer, they will develop more yellow color. Normal time from bloom to harvest for Meyers is 7-9 months.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 2:20PM
More Discussions
Looking for a good LED grow light
Can anyone suggest a good LED grow light to be the...
theriguy
Sap on citrus leaves, but no insects
I have been studying the many comments regarding sap...
diekle
Can Budwood be too small, or thin?
When grafting should I try to obtain close to pencil...
figbear (8b coastal carolina)
Citrus/Orange Tree in Container---Health Concerns
Hi there! So, about three years ago a friend of mine...
Grace Larkin
Grapefruit Tree fertilizer
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding fertilizer...
Newtster
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™