i beat winter!

Noni MorrisonDecember 14, 2005

TOday I put my last 300 bulbs in the ground! Also the last two shrubs that were still in their pots since spring! Now I Can batten down the hatches and put away the shovel and fork until....well, probably January.

Let the Merriment begin!

THe last 200 bulbs were the English bluebells to go in my woodland clearing. Mixed in 50 allium triquetrum. I visualize my "someda" grandchild going out picking with their little basket in the clearing! By that time the bluebells may have covered the whole clearing but no one looses if that is the case!

Now to flatten all the bulb boxes and lay them out on the weeds and paths!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fundybayfarm(z5westernN.S.)

Very nice! I'd be real pleased with myself had I accomplished all that. Now you can take a break, and feel good about it.
Cheryl

Bookmark   December 14, 2005 at 6:26AM
Jeanne_in_Idaho(z5 N.Idaho)

Congrats on getting it all done!
In my experience with nieces and nephews, the future grandchild is more likely to trample them or lie down in them, but it's amazing what you can forgive a little kid for. And you can take a picture of the child lying in the bluebells. The flowers will be back the next year, anyway.

Jeanne

Bookmark   December 15, 2005 at 4:44PM
Noni Morrison

OOOH YES! bluebells last but a week or so, but a photo like that would be priceless!

We are thrilled to peices. Our 25 yr old adopted daughter's identical twin is arriving at our house on Wed from Korea! They have not seen each other since near their first birthday and had no memory or knowlege of each other until last year. I promised to teach our new daughter English so she could communicate easier with her twin. Sad that she will go home just as the flowers start though! Oh well, we hope this is the first of many visits! There are also two more siblings and the parents to meet sometime. All really nice people who were in a desparate financial situation when the girls were born.

So I am not quite into the seed ordering frenzy like usual but sure looking forward to a wonderful Christmas!

Bookmark   December 19, 2005 at 12:20AM
More Discussions
High temps reducing cuts?
I am in my second year of growing cut flowers for farmers'...
Mike_PP11
David Austin roses for cutting
Hey helloo community I'm brand new to roses and am...
Clemmielover
Wreath Master Machine for SALE!
wreath master machine for sale Ontario Canada. used...
aliross
please post your flower arrangement we love to see them
I have an Idea I will post some flower arrangements...
Lorna1949
Cutting Zinnia's to vase
I have a few basic questions that I could not find...
Lady9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™