New FM newsletter

bryan_ut(z5UT)December 29, 2005

Harris has a nice FM newsletter that it sends out. I just found this out while checking out their site.

Happy New year!!

Bryan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Irish_Eyes_z5(MO)

Speaking of farmers markets. Last year was my first year selling at a market. I would average 150 to 200 bouquets sold per week at my market. I expect to increase the amount this year. By what percentage I am not sure. I was wondering what kind of volume other flower growers might do at their market. Also do you project increases by a certain percent?

Bookmark   December 29, 2005 at 12:51PM
bryan_ut(z5UT)

If you can average that, that is huge. For me that would be almost $50,000 plus wreaths. You must mean smaller bouquets and not the $8 plus ones right?

I plan on a 10% increase each year. I have seen years go up by double and go down as much as 25%. Alot depends on your customers, and other new vendors at your market jumping on flowers instead of veggies. If you get 2 or 3 others selling flowers sales will go down. If you are the only flower vendor and they love you stuff you will sell out.

Bryan

Bookmark   December 30, 2005 at 9:48AM
Irish_Eyes_z5(MO)

Thank you for your input Bryan. I was not sure what to expect as far as increase for this coming year. I sell eight and ten dollar bouquets. I am not the only flower vendor at the market. So I was really happy with my first year at the market. Good luck at your market next season!!

Bookmark   December 30, 2005 at 10:20AM
More Discussions
please post your flower arrangement we love to see them
I have an Idea I will post some flower arrangements...
Lorna1949
White flowers for dappled shade
Looking for white annuals or perennials for under the...
lmsparkie
Wreath Master Machine for SALE!
wreath master machine for sale Ontario Canada. used...
aliross
Need help identifying this plant/flower
My wife bought a variety pack of seeds and this plant/flower...
carillon
cold hardy kiwi
looking for a male and female cuttings to start cold...
juststartingout
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™