Bupleurum Assistance

bfff_tx(z8b TX)December 20, 2006

I know this stuff needs to be directed seeded but can anyone tell me when this should occur. Is it a hardy (frost tolerant) annual like snaps, statice, dianthus, etc or is it like Ageratum and will shrivel up from a frost? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Even if it's what zone you are in and when you seed it will help me out.

My last frost date will be 2nd/3rd week of March and min temp may be in the mid to high 20's over winter.

Thanks all.

Kim

Billabong Fresh Flower Farm

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowerfarmer

By now you've probably answered your own question. This should have been directed seeded in the fall along with larkspur, hesperis, and/or whatever else that you direct seed in the fall. Here in the Midwest fall sowing works not so well the last few years. And, I think I read somewhere that some growers have successfully grown bupleurum in deep (because of the root system) plug trays. This plant is 90 days sow to bloom. If you're sowing them the second or third week of March, isn't it going to be too hot in Texas?

BTW. Your website with the nice photo of the Joker sunflower on the Home Page hasn't been modified since 11/16/2005?

Bookmark   January 9, 2007 at 11:03AM
More Discussions
Straw for mulch?
Hello everyone, I am considering using straw for mulch...
Fundybayfarm
Growing zinnias and ranunculus for wedding
Hello, I am planning on growing the necessary flowers...
Logan-Jess
Peony shaped flowers
I have fallen in love, again, with peony flowers. (...
qbush
Self seeding annuals in zone 4
Hello! I was wondering if anyone has had experience...
greenthumbon1hand
Zinnias - wrong colors and curled petals
I planted a variety of zinnias this year, in raised...
Lily08
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™