Whjo wrote is quote

carlhandupMay 16, 2008

Hello, I'm writing an article encouraging local folks to help establish a local Dahlia Society, on the North Coast in California. I don't remember where this quote came from but I would like to give credit to the author. Does anyone know who wrote it?

"Having the joyfulness gained by stewarding a love of Dahlias mostly provides for calm and objective judgment in all human affairs."

I would enjoy hearing the reasons why you enjoy raising dahlias, and the positive attributes for doing so. Thank you for your time, I look forward to your input.

Carl Young

Fortuna (Humboldt County) California

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dahlia_newbie(9)

I don't know who wrote the quote...this is my first year to grow dahlias. I got some dwarf varieties without knowing what they were, and after seeing the flowers, I ordered 10 different varieties of tubers online - the ones that grow 3-4' tall. I read all I could, and spent some time preparing the soil, added horse manure, and now they are sprouting. I am growing them because I know they require an investement of time and work in order to pay off, and I wanted a challenge with a pay off of beautiful cut flowers...

Bookmark   May 31, 2008 at 9:11PM
More Discussions
Found Dahlias
I found some dahlias bulbs that my father used to grow....
JJRoo
Rebecca's World
I was wondering if any of you have grown the above...
maxyck
Potted dahlias that never went dormant
Hi everyone! I bought two potted dahlias at an end-of-season...
debby_z4
large booms
I would like to kmow a variyey which will produce a...
paul584
New to dahlia's. Suggestions?
Hi, I've chosen dahlia's as my new thing to grow this...
annofpa zone 6b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™