Woo Hoo, It Bloomed!

petpalikali(WI-Z4)May 30, 2008

OK, so it may not sound like that big a deal, but...it's my first Dahlia! A friend dropped off a bunch of rescued tubers from the weed dump last Fall. Thinking they were Cannas, I potted them up this Spring. When the leaves came out, I realized they were not Cannas and came to GardenWeb to find out what the heck I had! You all have been so helpful, answering my questions and posting your own for me to learn from. So, I'm sharing my joy with you! It bloomed and it's yellow! Not really a huge fan of yellow, but it's a good yellow...not goldish at all. If I ever find my software disc for my camera, I will post a photo...and maybe you can tell me what kind of Dahlia it is! Thanks so much for all the help so far, Deborah.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sturgeonguy(5a ON)

Congrats!

I have been patiently watching this little guy for the past few days because it sure looks like it will bloom any day now.

Cheers,
Russ

Here is a link that might be useful: Prince Charming ready to bloom on 2008/5/30

Bookmark   May 30, 2008 at 5:23PM
petpalikali(WI-Z4)

I know just how you feel! It seemed like mine was ready to bloom for a whole week before it actually did. Maybe it just seemed like forever since it's my first. Thanks for sharing your photo Russ!

Bookmark   May 31, 2008 at 12:29AM
sturgeonguy(5a ON)

My Prince Charming finally bloomed, first Dahlia flower of the season. 100 days after taking the cutting. Completely indoors. I'm a proud father...;-]

Cheers,
Russ

Bookmark   June 7, 2008 at 6:13PM
More Discussions
About anemone-flowered Dahlias?
Hello friends of mine wanted to get a certain anemone-type,...
linaria_gw
Potted dahlias that never went dormant
Hi everyone! I bought two potted dahlias at an end-of-season...
debby_z4
Rebecca's World
I was wondering if any of you have grown the above...
maxyck
Seeds or Tubers? Info needed.
So I am new to gardening in general and I am interested...
pinkkpearls
Prepping for winter
Hello! I am new to Dahlias, really to gardening in...
AubreyG
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™