The new look to the garden room

vikingcraftsmanMay 11, 2009

Before I was able to post these pictures the wind blew it down and recked the frame. So this week I will build a wood frame that can be taken down at the endof season.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oscarthecat(z7MD)

I built one with a kit providing the joints made of plastic. I furnished the 2X2's. Covered it with a nylon tarp. That night we had a ripper and it tore the thing to pieces. I still have the tarp, the 2X2's are on the scrap lumber pile. Better luck to you. Steve in Baltimore County. I have 32 in the ground.

Bookmark   May 11, 2009 at 4:09PM
pdshop(5)

Is that built outside your house? Why?

Bookmark   May 12, 2009 at 9:04AM
vikingcraftsman

Good question PDSHOP First to get the wife out of the house. I feed birds on the front lawn. Also I plant Dahlias all around the garden room. When they grow tall they make a wall. We live on an island with more people than two thirds of the states. So there are a lot of people standing at the end of my drive way. (LOL) Also when I sit there I am staring at my neighbors just like they are me. So this room gives both parties privacy. I can open up any section I want to control the view. I seve breakfast to the wife there. We have the morning coffee there.

Bookmark   May 12, 2009 at 6:53PM
pdshop(5)

That is fabulous. I bet you have a wonderful time. I feel great when I go into town and someone compliments me on the garden. Now my problem is one more baby rabbit to be caught??? Got the mother,father and two babies in the have a heart. The other little ****** is still running around in the lawn!

Bookmark   May 16, 2009 at 10:58AM
sturgeonguy(5a ON)

Good luck on the wooden gazeebo Viking. I struggled with these things for years before I finally just closed my deck in as my attached sunroom.

Cheers,
Russ

Bookmark   May 17, 2009 at 10:57AM
vikingcraftsman

Yesterday I finished the gazeebo enough to be closed in. So it rained and blew all night. So now I will have to wait till tomarrow to sit in it. At lest the wooden frame held up well. We have had about three weeks of rain here. So can only plant a few dahlias in pots. Last year May first I had blooms. This year I will be lucky to see them in june.

Bookmark   May 17, 2009 at 11:10AM
vikingcraftsman

Relaxing in the garden room, waiting for the Dahlias to grow.

Bookmark   May 27, 2009 at 12:24AM
Poochella(7 WA)

Ah, the picture of feline content. Your garden room looks like a rewarding endeavor for man and beast alike. Don't feel bad about blooms in June. We're lucky to see an early bloomer mid-July in my locale.

Bookmark   May 27, 2009 at 1:06AM
More Discussions
About anemone-flowered Dahlias?
Hello friends of mine wanted to get a certain anemone-type,...
linaria_gw
new guy at the forum
Hi every one I'm new to the forum but I've been reading...
rayagain
Dahlia information
Hello everyone, I am thinking of getting Dahlias (either...
nad0nad
Seeds or Tubers? Info needed.
So I am new to gardening in general and I am interested...
pinkkpearls
Identifying a plant
Can anyone tell me what this is please? It's come up...
chillout_cy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™