Myrtle's Folly

redmond_phyllisMay 29, 2011

This is the 2nd year trying to grow Myrtle's Folly in my backyard. Last year, the location was not prime, and the plant looked buggy and unhealthy. I tossed the tubers and bought new. This year's tuber was started the plant in the house where I don't recall any issues visually. I planted it outside in a prime spot and it grew a few inches. And I appear to be getting a replay of last year's Myrtle's Folly. Misshapen leaves and it just plain looks feasted upon! I immediately went to the store and picked up some organic bug spray that's supposed to take care of leaf hoppers, thrips, and many other no see 'em bugs (and I haven't seen 'em yet) and I diligently spray every day. The surrounding plants look wonderful! I'll post the picture of Myrtle's Folly (or should I call it Phyllis's Folly) when I get one. But the question is, is Myrtle's Folly a tough one to grow? I know there are varieties that are easier than others, and I'm starting to think that Myrtle's Folly is one that's hard to grow. Anyone with some good news about Myrtle's Folly?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mytime(3/4 Alaska)

I hope it's not hard to grow...I just bought it last month, and so far it looks good. I'll be planting it out this week.

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 11:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teddahlia

Myrtle's Folly was named by the late Bob Bloomfield after his wife Myrtle. She really liked the flower and he did not share her enthusiasm.

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 1:31PM
More Discussions
Dahlia information
Hello everyone, I am thinking of getting Dahlias (either...
nad0nad
FoodSaver for storing
Has anyone ever used the Food Saver system to store...
bitbit
About anemone-flowered Dahlias?
Hello friends of mine wanted to get a certain anemone-type,...
linaria_gw
Prepping for winter
Hello! I am new to Dahlias, really to gardening in...
AubreyG
When will this winter ever be over?
Can't wait for the better weather to come so I can...
Paul Reeder
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™