Looking to trade for white dahlia for cutting

girlndocs(8 WA)May 21, 2008

Hi all,

Here it is mid-May and I find myself without a single white dahlia for my cutflower bed.

I have several dahlias and other plants available for trade, see my trade list :)

I'm looking for a straight white or ivory variety that does well as a cutflower and doesn't have blooms too big; 6" or B is about my maximum. I'm partial to informal decoratives, anemones and waterlilies but open to suggestions (I'm not looking for pompons or balls, very formal decoratives, or novelty/collarettes).

Lady Liberty, Little Lamb, Snowflake, Prince Charming are examples of white dahlias I like. Try me.

Among my trade items are dahlias Bishop of Oxford (I understand it to be one of the "Bishop's Children," with dark foliage and orange blooms) and Cafe Au Lait, a great big muted beige-pink dinnerplate.

Thanks!

Kristin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Noni Morrison

Kristin, where are you? Are you in driving distance of Vashon Island? I have several nice whites for cutting I would be glad to share with you, or start cuttings from but do to my recent knee replacement would need help digging them. Email me at lilymolady@gmail.com.

I have Center Court, Karma Serena, Angel Dust (I think I stll have it!) and I have many plants I would like to give away to replace with new ones..fine flowers, just ones I am bored with. Among those would be French Doll, and Brandon James. Many others could be divided. They ahve been in place for 2 years now.

Bookmark   May 26, 2008 at 1:03PM
More Discussions
What are some early flowering dinnerplate varieties?
I've been growing dahlias here in Wyoming for 4 years...
seranata
Winter sunshine
With temps dipping subzero again this weekend, a little...
cicivacation
What dahlias are you adding this year?
The catalogs are starting to arrive. What varieties...
KarenPA_6b
Ship Dahlias to Mexico
Hello. I want to buy Dahlias tubers or seed from US,...
Mike_Ibarra
Found Dahlias
I found some dahlias bulbs that my father used to grow....
JJRoo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™