I ain't rambled for a while, so thought I better get back to it.
I finally couldn't stand it any more and sprayed grass killer on a test spot in the seedling bed. The seedlings are only about 4 to 6 inches tall, so don't know if they will be killed. If so, I will lose possibly up to a dozen seedlings.
Pods are ripening in the gh and I have now gotten about a dozen so far. I am thinking that I might plant some of the seeds in the garden, where they will stay until they bloom. Last year, I started some in peat pots and transplanted to the garden in early fall. When other food became scarce, rabbits ate them level with the ground and I thought that might not be a good idea. However, most have now grown out and many are blooming, although blooms are not all that great and most only have 1 to 5 buds. Still, it beats those sown this year that are only 4 to 6 inches high and covered in weeds and grass.
Blooms are now opening in the garden. Still haven't seen anything that is a keeper for hybridizing. At best, there are a couple that might be garden keepers.
Weather is windy every day. Thankfully, not as windy as some of you are having, but up to about 30MPH. Not bad for walking around, not good for spraying.
I really like Brooke's suggestion for putting T's, with seedling id, on top of the pvc pipe that I drive into the soil for seedling id. I had been just putting the id on the pipe. Putting it on the T's sure does make it easier to read.
Haven't posted much lately. Been busy with personal things, gardening, rambling and piddling. Have been reading and enjoying posts by others and the pictures. Keep them coming.