Poochella-can't get Sluggo Plus in NYS apparently

phylrae(z5a/centralNYS)June 4, 2008

Poochella,

The Agway guy called Sluggo to order some of the Sluggo Plus (they had the regular kind), but they apparently said they couldn't sell it in NYS.....I wonder why. Agway guy said NYS is very picky about what they allow. LOL....and they can sell all the Ortho products that kill just about everything....go figure. :0( Phyl

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pdshop(5)

Hi, I just ordered the Sluggo Plus on Amazon. The prices vary and this was the best one with shipping.

Bookmark   June 4, 2008 at 10:24AM
phylrae(z5a/centralNYS)

Thanks, pdshop! I will look into it! :0) Phyl

Bookmark   June 4, 2008 at 2:26PM
Poochella(7 WA)

How curious Phylrae. Does NY want to protect their earwig population???? It's certified for organic use.

I know I stopped at several nurseries last year who were not going to order Sluggo Plus until their stock of regular Sluggo was sold, so my cynical side wonders if the Agway guy was just wanting to clear their shelves of product before ordering a new product. Total mystery.

Couldn't find any mention of Sluggo Plus on the NY State Dept of Environmental Conservation banned pesticides etc, but I did find Sluggo Plus, quite allowable, on the list at the link.

I don't know why it would be banned, but get it at Amazon and see if they can ship it to you. Don't call me for bail money when the Sluggo Plus Police come a-knockin' though LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful: scroll down to Sluggo Plus

Bookmark   June 4, 2008 at 9:45PM
More Discussions
Storing tubers
So last year I stored my tubers in peat moss and cardboard...
leersa
New to dahlia's. Suggestions?
Hi, I've chosen dahlia's as my new thing to grow this...
annofpa
New to Dahlias. help my tubers are drying out
HI everyone. I dug my dahlias and washed them before...
flashphoto
FoodSaver for storing
Has anyone ever used the Food Saver system to store...
bitbit
Hybrid, mutation or cultivar?
Do you grow Dahlia from seeds? These are supposed to...
jujujojo_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™