Dahlias Budding Up, Ready For Big Show!

calpat(zone9ab No.Ca.)June 1, 2007

I've had Dahlias for a few years now, but I've always had the big, gigantic dinner plate sizes, but this year I got into the Laciniated and Spider collections. Just got the tubers in the ground when I got sick and had to leave everything on it's own for almost a month. Now I'm looking at some pretty healthy Dahlias with buds popping out all over and I haven't a clue as to what they are. My planting sheets have vanished...actually I think my kids have tried to straighten things up for me and the sheets are probably somewhere in a huge stack of other paper work.

Will try to take pix of each as it blooms and get them tagged, will also probably need help from you guys when it comes to an i.d. hope you'll be with me on this! Pat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calpat(zone9ab No.Ca.)

I think this is either a Pinelands Paulie or Pinlands Pam

Bookmark   June 8, 2007 at 6:15PM
misslucinda

I am just noticing how dead this site gets after planting and/or dividing. Kinda sad about this because I like my new Dahlia pals.

Me too. I am a dinnerplate gal and have lost or missplaced many of the cardboard identifiers and this most certainly becomes an issue when people ask "What's its name?". Oh well. But you are lucky in that there must have been some showers when you were rehabilitating.

Post the pictures when they pop. They are exceptionally helpful on this site.

Best regards from Ms. Dahlia just north of NYC.

Bookmark   June 9, 2007 at 8:22PM
calpat(zone9ab No.Ca.)

Don't forget to check out the Gallery for pictures!

Bookmark   June 9, 2007 at 8:31PM
Noni Morrison

I am so excited having just picked 4 blooms from Dahlias started in pots then transplanted to my garden in May. I beleive these are all Orchid types if that is what the single ones with the rolled and pointed petals are. I saw a Display of these at Pt Defiance parks' dalia garden last year and just had to buy every one of them I culd find! I am in love with them even with their first bloom on small plants and can not wait until they get up to size and blooming at eye level or above like the ones at the park! I think 2 of these first ones were Northfield Sparkler and Amy's Star.

Bookmark   June 10, 2007 at 3:57PM
More Discussions
When will this winter ever be over?
Can't wait for the better weather to come so I can...
Paul Reeder
MDS Annual Tuber Sale at Bachman's
Saturday, April 11th, 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. MDS Annual...
salvidordahlia
Identifying a plant
Can anyone tell me what this is please? It's come up...
chillout_cy
Hybrid, mutation or cultivar?
Do you grow Dahlia from seeds? These are supposed to...
jujujojo_gw
Dahlia information
Hello everyone, I am thinking of getting Dahlias (either...
nad0nad
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™