my brugs

loveofmylife680(z7)August 1, 2007

2 different colors on same plant and the pink one has not opened yet.Wilted from to much sun.

Jill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maximus7116(MI)

Jill, that's beautiful. I had one a few years ago and loved the fragrance, but I couldn't keep it from wilting (and, of course, it's not hardy here).

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 6:33PM
loveofmylife680(z7)

Its not supposed to live here either without heavy mulch but I guess being so close to the house is why it doesnt need mulch and it hasnt been that cold here in the winter last year.
Jill

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 7:02PM
laurelin(z5a/4b Upstate NY)

Those are beautiful! I've wanted to grow one in a container, but I have no place to overwinter it except a heated basement, and I don't know how well that would work. Oh, well, I'll admire yours instead.

Laurel

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 11:42AM
loveofmylife680(z7)

Laurel. I will send you some cuttings when I cut mine down for the winter and from what I understand they will root in water I think, go to the brug forum and you will find out alot more.
Jill

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 5:51PM
sirmatthew(4 - Iowa)

I always put my brugs in the basement and let them go dormant. I've done it for ten years, with great success, if it weren't for spider mites!

Those are awesome, Jill!

Bookmark   August 24, 2007 at 12:43PM
laurelin(z5a/4b Upstate NY)

Thanks for the input, sirmatthew - I would love to try brugs, and I'm glad to hear I can overwinter them in my basement. We're in the middle of a basement redo (dividing it into a workshop/utility area and a family room), so I'll have the space finally to overwinter a few things. If Jill has any cuttings later in the year (lol, I'm SURE she'll have warm weather WAY past when I will) I'll give them a try.

Laurel

Bookmark   August 25, 2007 at 9:34AM
katladie(z8Louisiana)

Beautiful brug. They just require a little extra water until well established. Your brug has it's own little micro climate going there, probably about a zone 8b or 9a. It should do fine even in colder winters with a good mulch.

Sharon

Bookmark   August 30, 2009 at 2:54PM
More Discussions
Jean
I'm afraid Jean is discouraged. Hope she won't quit...
organic_kitten
Marvelous "M" daylilies, let's see them!
It's time for the M daylilies and I actually have a...
sherrygirl zone5
NOIDS
Like Indian cast system the NOIDs appear to be low...
brigarif Khan
Looking better...Knee and Spring's Arrival
January 10th, while walking across a level floor, carrying...
organic_kitten
Clean up and beautify Garden Web!
You can add an extension to your browser for Firefox...
Brad KY
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™