Orange tree leaf Drop

agent_orange(5)October 17, 2011

Hello,

I'm new at citrus however, I have read this forum a few times to get some good information. I have a dwarf Naval orange tree from four winds that is dropping it's leaves. There are no signs of disease and pests. I have it in the 5:1:1 mix and suspect it is adjusting to the weather or over watering from a recent re-potting? I know there are plenty of experts on this forum and would appreciate any advice. Overall the health of the tree looks fine and I probably should just wait and see. Here are some pictures that may help.

Thanks a bundle,

-Scott

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
johnmerr(11)

If my leaves looked like yours, I would say I was over fertilizing; the other issue, is you being in Utah, you probably recently moved them indoors, so they are adjusting to the difference in sunlight, humidity, and temperature. They will likely recover.

Bookmark   October 17, 2011 at 7:00PM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Did you at anytime let the mix get too dry?

It looks like at one point it was left too dry and dropped green leaves.
It is almost impossible to over water in the 5.1.1 mix if made correctly an especially in an area where there is abundant sunshine.
Your leaves will most likely display yellowing and then drop if over watering was the culprit.

Mike

Bookmark   October 17, 2011 at 7:57PM
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

do you keep it in a sunny window. My first thought was winter leaf drop.

mike

Bookmark   October 18, 2011 at 11:17AM
agent_orange(5)

Thanks everyone,
I have it in a south facing sunny window and the room seems to get plenty of light. I have a Meyer Lemon from a local Lowes a few weeks ago and it is doing just fine. However, the leaves look a little yellow. I don't think they took very good care of it :( I also have a smaller citrus that is in fact GROWING new leaves at this time and it is a year old and survived last winter. The four winds tree seems like it is just going through an adjustment from sunny California but what do I know? Here are a few pics of my other two trees. Thanks Johnmerr, meyermike, and mksmth. I appreciate your expertise and have read quite a few of your previous posts. All of you seem very knowledgeable when it comes to citrus. I will monitor the watering and see how it does in a few weeks. How often do you water? I think once a week should be fine I'll use a good ol shish kabob to check the moisture.

a href="http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k544/sir_agent_orange/?action=view&current=DSCF1284.jpg"; target="_blank">

Bookmark   October 18, 2011 at 12:41PM
More Discussions
Repotted My Plants. New Problems.
Last week I repotted two citrus plants, each is about...
mangodamia
Meyer leaves issue
Hello, My container meyer is having issues. Leaves...
eshieh1
Polyembryonic seeds
Hi to all I'm germinating some kumquat seeds and some...
swfx
Looking for a good LED grow light
Can anyone suggest a good LED grow light to be the...
theriguy
Sunniland Citrus, Avocado and Mango Fertilizer 6-4-6
I buy this Sunniland Citrus, Avocado and Mango Fertilizer...
Randy31513
Sponsored Products
Handmade Flat Weave Stripe Pattern Grey/ orange Rug (8' x 10')
Overstock.com
Glove Wool Ottoman in Orange
$299.00 | LexMod
Eliot Chair - Cordova Picante Orange
Joybird Furniture
Neva Indoor/Outdoor Rug 5' x 7'6" - ORANGE
$319.00 | Horchow
Kartell | Plastics Seating
$990.00 | YLighting
Rachael Ray Stoneware 3.5 qt. Covered Rectangle Casserole - Orange Multicolor -
$49.99 | Hayneedle
Orange & Pink Gracie Rug
$29.99 | zulily
Free Pad New Classic Geometric/Floral Rug Blue Baluch Runner Hand Knotted Wool 3
BH Sun Inc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™