Light spots on leaves

galcho(z8 Northwest)July 17, 2008

Any idea why leaves on my plant have light spots? In general bush looks healthy, has buds ready to flower, but leaves look bad.

thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
galcho(z8 Northwest)

Adding picture:

Bookmark   July 17, 2008 at 12:34PM
jroot(5A Ont. Canada (near Guelph))

I see something on the top leaves that concern me. Check under the leaves. Do they have spider mites on them? They are barely visible with a magnifying glass, but leave fine webs. Particularly check near the ends of the leaves. If so, a pesticide spray, or a mixture of dish soap, rubbing alcohol, and water may be in order.

I see the white spots near the bottom. These white spots can be caused by sun hitting the water drops, which in turn act like a magnifying glass and end up burning the leaf. When watering try to water the base of the plant rather than the leaves, particularly if after 9:00 a.m., but better still try to water around 7:00 a.m. when the sun is not too strong.

Bookmark   July 17, 2008 at 12:49PM
pdshop(5)

This watering thing is complicated. I have a sprinker system and a big lawn. I need to water the lawn but don't want to get the water on the dahlia leaves. I water them by hand. We just can't control water getting on the leaves as if it rains so be it.

Bookmark   July 19, 2008 at 10:34AM
More Discussions
Ship Dahlias to Mexico
Hello. I want to buy Dahlias tubers or seed from US,...
Mike_Ibarra
Prepping for winter
Hello! I am new to Dahlias, really to gardening in...
AubreyG
Any dahlias that won't get powdery mildew???
I'm not interested in spraying my garden, not even...
rosefolly
Winter sunshine
With temps dipping subzero again this weekend, a little...
cicivacation
That's a wrap!
The Color Spectacle split into six (four large, two...
morpheuspa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™