Dahlia Beds - semi-monthly update

sturgeonguy(5a ON)July 31, 2008

Well, here's my fifth set of pictures of my beds progressing. I have to look into some sort of way of animating these.

Click here to see all of the sets.

Meanwhile, here's a hint of what's in this set.

Cheers,

Russ

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jroot(5A Ont. Canada (near Guelph))

I LIKE the Tahiti Sunrise. I really like that one.

I like your second shot too of your garden room. It looks very appealing from the outside, and you have shown us some shots from the inside. Well done, Russ.

Bookmark   August 1, 2008 at 9:03AM
vikingcraftsman

Russ I like Tahiti sunrise also. I will have to do some real sole searching for next years garden. I planted 75 to 100 dahlias this year. That should give me over 300 for next year. So I am going to have to decide how much work I am going to be able to do if I add more to my garden.

Bookmark   August 2, 2008 at 12:38AM
sturgeonguy(5a ON)

Like you vikingcraftsman, I'm having to do some sole searching regarding next year too. I have such terrible luck with anything >48", and I'm seriously considering just not planting them next year. I lost two huge stalks off a Raspberry Punch, leaving it with only one. I think my proximity to water, and the storms we've had are the reason.

Meanwhile, my shorties, like Tahiti Sunrise, Sayonara, and especially China Doll, are just going gangbusters.

Bookmark   August 3, 2008 at 5:40PM
pdshop(5)

I hope my Tahiti Sunrise looks like that! I have alot of light pink with yellow center dahlias. I did not order these colors. The dahlias I ordered were in the yellow bronze red orange variety. The names are right but the dahlias are not the same as the names? I used 4 places so will have to ask that question when they open again. Very odd.

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 6:19PM
sturgeonguy(5a ON)

Here's the same flower 5 days in.

Tahiti Sunrise (BBC): 5" diameter flower on 30" bush.

Notice there's more yellow and less intense reds. Mine aren't getting bleached by the sun, its a simple progression I believe.

I'm working on a couple of videos showing the life of a flower...;-] including this one.

Cheers,
Russ

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 8:56PM
More Discussions
Found Dahlias
I found some dahlias bulbs that my father used to grow....
JJRoo
Winter sunshine
With temps dipping subzero again this weekend, a little...
cicivacation
Prepping for winter
Hello! I am new to Dahlias, really to gardening in...
AubreyG
Question on my dahlia imperial tree
I'm in Zone 8a. I grew my first year imperial dahlia...
lorabell NC
Hybrid, mutation or cultivar?
Do you grow Dahlia from seeds? These are supposed to...
jujujojo_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™