Some More Color!

mizellie(z7 Al)November 10, 2006

This first JM is a seedling. it is very colorful and it's one of my favs.

This is the JM I have been trying to find a name for. I have posted the pics before but they actually so close that you couldn't tell much about it...

Another view! There are other trees in the backgorund, not to be confused with the JM.

This is the trunk...

And last but not least is the leaf size. I didn't go so far as to measure them but as you can see they are quite small.

Brooke, the other pics I posted of this tree were very close up and so looked large leafed....Ellie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
highjack(z6 KY)

OHmygawd, you have manicured nails! What kind of gardener are you - lol! Sure doesn't match my nails (which I got dirty again this afternoon).

You are right, it does have a small leaf. I can't ID it from a picture, maybe in the spring, but not now. How tall is it - I think the Shin is 10-15' at maturity. Whatever it is, it is gorgeous.

Brooke

Bookmark   November 10, 2006 at 5:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mizellie(z7 Al)

Brooke,
I had my nails manicured a couple of weeks ago. My daughter was ashamed to be seen with me..Hehehe!! I have had to do it again ( myself ) a few days ago cause they don't stay purty. Since I have been sick, I haven't been able to get outside soooo, they keep pretty clean.

I will try to remember to get a picture of my JM in the spring when she is in color. I think she is between 10 and 12 feet high. I am only guessing about that but I think she is the most colorful of all of my JMs.....Ellie

Bookmark   November 10, 2006 at 8:44PM
More Discussions
Weather?
Off topic, just wanted to say I hope everyone is doing...
Nancy zone 6
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
I copied this post from Jasminerose4u in the rose forum....
KarenPA_6b
Joan Derifield or Man of Sorrows
I would love to have both of these, but I'm thinking...
ruthz
Spiders in the garden.
I was thinking maybe we could do a post with everyone's...
Billi
Buying daylilies from the south
I placed an order for daylilies from a Florida seller....
KarenPA_6b
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™