Fall/Winter weather predictions.

Andrew ScottOctober 14, 2013

As much as I love the cool crisp fall air, at the same time, I hate what it means. I am all readfty behind on getting everything prepared for over wintering. I still need to trim back over 100+ plumeria leaves, and dig out plumeria seedlings, AND over a half dozen Amaryllis bulbs.

Last night, I had gone to The Weather channel's website, and read some interesting info on predictions for this fall and winter. From what I read(and I did check a couple websites, and they seem to agree that the fall/winter temps for the Northeast are going to be ABOVE NORMAL!!! Now I know better than to get too excited, but this has all ready been one of the warmest Octobers we have had in years! Last year we had a record breaking snow/ice storm and I had all my plants indoors for weeks all ready!

So, I am going tokeep my fingers crossed, and hopefully this will be a nice abnormally warm winter! Sounds great Meyer Mike doesn't it!

Andrew

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

Andrew. I hope you do get a warmer the normal winter. I haven't read much about ours but we are due for a bad one. We have been lucky the last 2.

Mike

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 10:59PM
Andrew Scott

I am hoping that we all have a good winter. We did luck out last winter, but our previous winter 2012 was not so nice.

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 8:41PM
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA(10b Sunset 23)

And I am hoping for a wetter winter than we had last year. I fear we're moving into our classic drought cycle here in S. California. We had several very great, rainy winters for about 3 or 4 years until last winter. So, crossing my fingers for La Nina here in my neck of the woods.

Patty S.

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 8:46PM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Andrew!! How did you know I'd be excited at hearing thiis..lol

You bring good news after hearing the Farmers Almanac saying it was going to be a very tough abd frigid winter here.....Goodness I hope you are right...

Hey, the ground hog is wrong every year, so maybe the Almanac will be ad you right!!!!

Remember 3 years ago when we never got a frost all winter, until about April that is after everything was in bloom and green and then we got an ice storm which killed most of my plants! Our weather is nuts no matter how you look at it....lol

Take care

Mike

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 5:18PM
More Discussions
New Oro Blanco
We hit 99 degrees today and my newly planted Oro blanco...
evdesert 9B Indio, CA
Mexican Lemon
There is not much about this tree even here. Does anyone...
Frank Car
What rootstock should I use on Mineola tangelo to make it dwarf?
What type of roostock should I use to get a dwarf mineola...
luckydurazno1
Why is my orange growing so wrinkly
The new growth on my orange tree is all light green...
csanadkocsis
Sunniland Citrus, Avocado and Mango Fertilizer 6-4-6
I buy this Sunniland Citrus, Avocado and Mango Fertilizer...
Randy31513
Sponsored Products
Winter Wonder Throw
$109.99 | Dot & Bo
Best Quality Lighting Path & Landscape Lights LV50VRD Landscape Lighting Step
$55.50 | Home Depot
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: American Rug Craftsmen Rugs Ruby Falls
Home Depot
Sandbar Outdoor Art
Grandin Road
Lisbon Gold 84 x 50-Inch Blackout Curtain Single Panel
$66.95 | Bellacor