I don't think this is Karma Sangria!

Noni MorrisonAugust 13, 2007

That is what the label says but what I have is a large(Maybe 7") flat star of the most exquisite deep bronzy orange with the center showing! Does anyone know a variety like that? Some of the tips show a bit of white, and occasionally their is a second row of short flat petals but none of them are even Cactus shaped! THey do not hold up well as cut flowers but began to droop by the end of the first day, even though I condition them like I do all my other dahlias, and start with putting them in hot tap water and letting it cool.

I ordered the Karma Sangrias from Van Bourgoundian and I have found that I can get a rather amusing variety of things I did not order from them, but this time I really wanted to add Karma Sangria to my collection.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Poochella(7 WA)

Hey Liza,
I have a few Karma Sangrias- new from Vanbourgondien also. The first one opening is clearly not what I grew last year: purple and white color, looking to be semicactus at this early stage. Weird. Perhaps they had some mischief in their sorting and labelling?

Bookmark   August 13, 2007 at 1:12PM
Poochella(7 WA)

Here is the Sangria imposter this year. I've never grown anything like this, and the bud on the plant next door; also from Van Bourgondien is lavender, not the hot pink of last year's Sangria. A mistaken i.d. for sure. Link to last year's Sangria.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   August 14, 2007 at 11:06PM
Noni Morrison

Sometimes I order from VB just for the amusement factor, though this time I really wanted to add Karma Sangria. Mine has the sturdy stems that seem to belong to my Karma Naomi, Karma Fuchiana and Karma Ventura. WOnder if they got our tubers from the trial fields? I love my new Karma Ventura though! My siser says the flowers look like silk flowers when they close up at evening. Sure wish there was a better source for the karmas where we could get them in small numbers!

Your Sangria imposter is lovely! COuld it be one of the other Karma's? I highly doubt if we will see my big bronze on the market ever!

Bookmark   August 16, 2007 at 1:32AM
bigcityal(z5WI)

Hi Pooch - Looks like you are startng to collect my colors now - that one looks like Matchmaker maybe - I had to toss mine - sick.

I like Sangria a lot.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   August 17, 2007 at 6:41PM
More Discussions
large booms
I would like to kmow a variyey which will produce a...
paul584
New to dahlia's. Suggestions?
Hi, I've chosen dahlia's as my new thing to grow this...
annofpa zone 6b
Storing tubers
So last year I stored my tubers in peat moss and cardboard...
leersa
Ship Dahlias to Mexico
Hello. I want to buy Dahlias tubers or seed from US,...
Mike_Ibarra
That's a wrap!
The Color Spectacle split into six (four large, two...
morpheuspa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™