Honeybell problems

Cathy.123November 25, 2012

My tree is about8years old. About 2yrs ago fruit got small but still sweet and juicy. This year fruit is falling off prematurely and is very small. Fertilized as previous years. Leaves sparse on branches and some top branches appear to be dying.

Any advice on how to bring back the good crop and save the tree?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

Cathy, can you provide photos, please? We need photos of the entire tree, then close ups of the leaves, fruit, trunk, the ground at trunk level. Also, where do you live, how are you watering your citrus, how are you fertilizing and with what and when?

Patty S.

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 11:40AM
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

In a container or in the ground?

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 1:52PM
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

Cathy, load up photos for us to see. Be sure to include close up photos (clear ones) of the leaves and the fruit. Cut the fruit in half and snap a pic of the halved fruit as well. You can add photos by using the "Image file to upload (optional):" field in the response section (just look above where you type, you'll see that field and the "Browse" button). I also answered your private email to me, but you're much better off responding to the forum than to me, privately. We do have several Florida forum members, and they are probably better equipped to answer your specific questions than I am, being that I live in California, and our disease pressures and growing conditions are somewhat different.

Patty S.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 8:32PM
More Discussions
Please diagnose my citrus
My indoor Meyer that I grew from a cutting is developing...
garret_87
Grapefruit Tree fertilizer
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding fertilizer...
Newtster
Looking for a good LED grow light
Can anyone suggest a good LED grow light to be the...
theriguy
Can Budwood be too small, or thin?
When grafting should I try to obtain close to pencil...
figbear (8b coastal carolina)
My Meyer Lemon Tree is not doing well... can I save it?
Hi All, I am new to this forum and joined because I...
braun928
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™