Just a few pics

shropshire_lad(5b/6)October 22, 2009

Summer 2009:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christinmk z5b eastern WA

That is just beautiful shropshire lad! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your waterfall! Does it spill into a swimming pool? I like the way you have it surrounded by plants, it really softens the hard features of the rocks. Do you happen to know the name of the pink double hollyhock? Such a nice color combo. You know, I think I like seeing pics most in the fall/winter, they are such a welcome treat! Thank you for sharing these, they certainly brightened my day.
CMK

Bookmark   October 22, 2009 at 10:01PM
shropshire_lad(5b/6)

Thank you so much, CMK! Yes, the waterfall spills into a pool! The stone really complements the plants and vice versa. I hate the way most people landscape their pool waterfalls. They just pour small stone around the sides and stick a few small, generic plants in there. Boring! At the end of summer when the plants are really leggy, they start to lean over the stone and some leaves and flower actually go into the water and it looks beautiful! Oh, and that pink double hollyhock is even better than it looks in that pic! It is not a true double, but rather semi-double with wavy petals. I don't know the name of it because it grew from a seed mix that a bought on eBay. Two grew from 12 seeds that germinated (I didn't have anywhere to plant the other 10 so they died). The second hollyhock didn't come out looking like the semi-double one, but is still a pretty pink. If you want, I can give you the name of the seller and you can order her seed and maybe one like this might pop up in the bunch for you! If not, I can collect seed from this one if it comes back next year (I didn't save any seed this year).

Bookmark   October 22, 2009 at 10:28PM
gldno1

Thanks for a bright spot in my day. It has been cloudy and raining off and on for two days....nothing so pretty here now.

I am sure glad we have some younger eyes on the forum. Thank you CMK for pointing out the waterfall! I had totally missed it. It looks very natural and lovely.

Bookmark   October 23, 2009 at 7:21AM
plantmaven(8b/9a TX)

Very pretty!

Bookmark   October 23, 2009 at 8:31AM
schoolhouse_gw

Your color combos are beautiful.

Bookmark   October 23, 2009 at 9:51AM
gottagarden(z5 western NY)

Such delicate hibiscus flowers, pretty in pink. You've got some great combinations in your garden. There are really a lot of different plants in that small space by the pool.

Bookmark   October 23, 2009 at 10:45AM
MollyDog(6 PA)

Beautiful pictures...and fantastic combinations.

Bookmark   October 23, 2009 at 12:02PM
christinmk z5b eastern WA

Thanks shropshire lad for the seed offer. If your plant comes back next year and sets seed you can keep me in mind. I will have lots more on my seed trade list by then and maybe you will see something you like so we can do a trade.

I have seen only a few people that plant things next to their swimming pool. I think it is so wonderful when they do, it would be like swimming in a flower bed! I just love being surrounded by plants. So lovely...
CMK

Bookmark   October 23, 2009 at 2:10PM
Pat

That picture made my rainy weekend. thank you.

Bookmark   October 23, 2009 at 3:09PM
More Discussions
An Irish Cottage Garden.
Not my own Irish Cottage Garden this time,..i have...
nulty
Building my Irish Shed
Hi everyone, I've been admiring all the lovely garden...
camaria
" Daffs eaten "
Hi, For quite awhile. I couldn't get on. Now this...
hollyhocker_123
reminder of spring
post your spring pics from last year This post was...
davids10 z7a nv.
Received my seeds today
So psyched !!! Can't wait for spring !!!!
Cenepk10
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™