Dahlia Osirium

cupshaped_roses(6)September 29, 2009

Don't usually post on this forum, but just wanted to share a picture of my beautiful dahlia 'Osirium' I tried this year. It has been blooming for 3 month now and produced about 30 flowers. About 4 feet tall and bushy. (I pinched it in may) -other than this I only grow the very dark leaved pink 'Fascination' and the Dark red 'Arabian Night'.

Dahlia 'Osirium'

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vikingcraftsman

Really nice, I love Arabian night. I don't have it any more I have black satin instead. Hope to see you post more from now on.

Bookmark   September 29, 2009 at 8:16PM
noseometer(7 Albuquerque)

Yours is gorgeous. Are you still growing it? I planted something labeled "Osirium" that on the package looked like yours, but this is what bloomed instead. So disappointing. Is this just a difference in climate or did they give me the wrong thing?

Bookmark   August 10, 2013 at 10:49PM
CCvacation

How unfortunate! Sorry you didn't get what you were hoping for.

Prepackaged tubers are way too often wrong, but at least they try to get the general color scheme correct. The name seems to be a 'hook,' along with the description of 'dinner plate,' which is actually seen as a derogatory term in dahlia grower circles... Why would you have a flat plate-like flower when there are so many different forms out there?

Check out the 'Big List' at www.dahlias.net to find a list of growers that specialize in dahlias... Lots of other cool stuff on that site, too!

Bookmark   August 13, 2013 at 11:42PM
noseometer(7 Albuquerque)

Thanks for the info. That will teach me to purchase prepackaged tubers. The same thing happened when I bought tulips - the purple tulips were more red than purple, and the white ones were cream/yellow. I may have to try again, since I'm really fond of 'Osirium'.

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 1:56PM
pdshop(5)

I love the first one. What do you think it is as I would like to get it for next season. Pat

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 5:47PM
More Discussions
Rebecca's World
I was wondering if any of you have grown the above...
maxyck
Seeds or Tubers? Info needed.
So I am new to gardening in general and I am interested...
pinkkpearls
Identifying a plant
Can anyone tell me what this is please? It's come up...
chillout_cy
New to dahlia's. Suggestions?
Hi, I've chosen dahlia's as my new thing to grow this...
annofpa zone 6b
large booms
I would like to kmow a variyey which will produce a...
paul584
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™