More Photos Including Jessie G for Poochella

dahliaboySeptember 29, 2006

Here are a few more photos......Jessie G is the Purple ball, the other ball is Mary's Jomanda, another favorite. The light blend Yellow/Orange SC is Kenora Superb and superb it has been this year. The final laciniated is Barbara Hardisty Kantor...it's a AA light blend W/PR and just gorgeous.

Enjoy,

Dahlia Boy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Poochella(7 WA)

Just once in my life I want to post "Those are hideous." Tongue in cheek, of course. But my tongue is hanging out here as I gape, eyeing each and every perfect petal above DB. Wow. And Wow. WOW! That Barbara Kantor Hardisty is a candidate for a screen saver to get through the long dahlia-less winter. Could I save it and use it as such?

You should put that in a photo contest if your dahlia club has one. They're all just beautiful. Mary's Jomanda is a favorite out here too- very worthwhile plant. I'll give Jessie G another try next year. I think I missed topping it, and it was hidden from the best sun and got a slow start- only 3 flowers so far.

Excellent job Dahliaboy!

Bookmark   September 29, 2006 at 9:50AM
jroot(5A Ont. Canada (near Guelph))

WOW ! Absolutely beautiful. Great photography. What type of camera do you have?

Bookmark   September 30, 2006 at 4:58PM
dahliaboy

Thanks for the kudos poochella.....my wife and I are going to France next week, so I'm getting ready to cut my stalks down. We won't be back till Oct 20th so I figure it's easier to get them cut now and then dig them out when I get back. I was late last year in getting the roots out of the ground......late Nov early Dec....wasn't fun....

jroot...we have a Nikon D50..6.1 mega pixel camera.
It takes great photos as you can see.

Dahlia Boy

Bookmark   September 30, 2006 at 5:46PM
alicia7b(z7b/8aNC)

Those photos are incredible!!!

One of these days I'm going to get Jessie G; someone entered it in the NC State Fair last year and it was beautiful.

Bookmark   September 30, 2006 at 8:07PM
bpgardner

OH DAHLIABOY!! Just lovely. Would you part with a tuber of "Barbara Hardisty Kantor" next spring? I just tried to find that variety online and I can't find one. If you can't part with one can you tell me where I could buy one or two??

Thanks,
Sue

Bookmark   October 8, 2006 at 9:08AM
bouquet_kansas(z6Ks)

Dahliaboy.....you have made these dahlias look stunning!!! i see absolutely no bug_eaten blooms.....so you spray them with anything??????

Bookmark   October 8, 2006 at 6:35PM
mingusalex2007

Beautiful pictures! Thankyou!

Bookmark   October 11, 2006 at 7:30PM
Ann_Michigan(z4-5 n.w.lower)

What is photo #6 - the pink one ????
Looks like that is one for my wish list.
BTW where does everyone get there new starts???
I lost all of what I had last winter and started new this spring buying from a spring club sale (limit as to what they had)

Bookmark   October 14, 2006 at 10:15AM
wblevin(6)

Dahlia Boy - FABULOUS pictures. I have been trying to obtain a Barbara Hardisty Kantor for two years now. I saw it at several shows last year and fell in love - lol. I did not see it this year at the East Coast shows. I gather that they do not eye up well and the few people who have a tuber are having a hard time keeping the tubers over the winter. Please please let me know if you have an extra.

Bookmark   October 14, 2006 at 5:29PM
Noni Morrison

For anyone who wants a similar dahlia to the "Barbara Hardisty Kantor" but in a smaller size try Dutch GArdens "Crazy Love". I have had it for about 5 years now and it is tough as nails. In fact, it almost killed my Othello rose by covering it up, and that is a 5' octopus of a rose! I would be glad to give anyone a tuber of it but only if they come by. I don't even mail packages to my kids! And we live on an island accessible only by ferry boat in Puget Sound. But I got this dahlia because my (then) teenage daughter picked it out of the catalog, and I have never been sorry. Right now I am picking about a dozen every 3 days from it. I would say that with minimal care they are about 5" across but easily go up to 6" or larger with feeding. It loves alfalfa pellets! IT was sharing Othello's alfalfa when it took off so Crazily last year!

Bookmark   October 15, 2006 at 12:53AM
More Discussions
Lumens needed for starting pots indoors ?
Looking to put together a simple indoor T5 lighting...
dan1018
Gardening Newbie
Hi, all! I am new to growing and am hoping that I don't...
Terri Williams
New to dahlia's. Suggestions?
Hi, I've chosen dahlia's as my new thing to grow this...
annofpa zone 6b
Any dahlias that won't get powdery mildew???
I'm not interested in spraying my garden, not even...
rosefolly
That's a wrap!
The Color Spectacle split into six (four large, two...
morpheuspa
Sponsored Products
Toscanaluce by Nameeks 6523 Soap Dispenser - TOSCANALUCE 6523-BR
$275.99 | Hayneedle
Upton Home Vermont 24-inch Black Floating Shelf
Overstock.com
Tub Shower Faucet Valve with Built-in Divertor, Shower Head, Tub Spout
Hudson Reed
Club Woven Outdoor Ottoman with Cushion, Patio Furniture
$945.00 | FRONTGATE
Ursula 59" Soaking Bathtub by Wyndham Collection - White
Modern Bathroom