calamansi seeds

manure_queen(md 7)November 9, 2012

Just bought some soy sauce flavored with kalamansi. After researching what it was, and discovering that it is a citrus type fruit. Might anyone be growing it . I would like to try some seeds.

contact me at mirka1941 at yahoo dot com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

Calamansi is another term from Calamondin. You can purchase a Calamondin tree from many different online sources, manure queen. Check out Four Winds, Logee's, and Clifton's. I have a row of lovely little variegated Calamondin trees I use for ornamental purposes along my driveway. They are very prolific fruit bearers.

Patty S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Four Winds Growers: Calamondin

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 4:14PM
johnmerr(11)

I have 2 calamondin trees at my lemon farm; they are decorative mostly; but they produce prolifically all year round. I lived in the Philippines for 3 years; there the calamondin/calamansi is the principal "lemon", although it is not a lemon. In the US it is often sold as a "Baby orange" or "miniature orange", although it is not that either; but if you leave it on the tree, it will become orange, and a bit sweeter. FYI it usually has more seeds than juice and a quite thin skin... easy to grow and makes a nice indoor plant as well.

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 7:07PM
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

I guess it also makes nice marmalade and the juice is good to cook with, used like a lemon or lime. I've not tried either, yet, but I surely have enough Calamondins to try. I have 5 little trees and have about 100 to 200 fruit on them! They make very nice ornamental trees.

Patty S.

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 7:25PM
More Discussions
sweet citrus trees in 2015 diary
this is my diary of my citrus trees from the last 2...
Steve, Micro (6B ground, 5B roof)
Leaf drop question, meyermike, johnmerr, or all expert advice please
I've been watching one of my two meyer lemon tree's...
stickstring (Northern California 8b)
Branch Broke. Lemon ID and other Questions
This tree was found growing on our property when we...
Suzi AKA DesertDance
citrus tree gratfting 101
I would like to start grafting my own citrus trees....
rj campbell inc
My first Meyer Lemon tree in the heat of Arizona
Hi Everyone, My last adventure with growing blueberries...
jacqdavis
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™