Look what the mailman brought me today :)

aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. CanadaNovember 13, 2012

Lots of Ohs and Aws as I undid each little bundle, I planted them in community pots for the winter. My first Agaves (darn you Jeff I think you've got me hooked :), a Haworthia, 2 Crassulas and 2 Aeoniums I didn't have, and a little Pachy x.

I mixed up a slightly moist quick draining mix for them, hope they like it. Thanks again Jeff.

Annette

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jojosplants(9/ Tucson, Az.)

Hi Annette,
Those are all very beautiful! Jeff does have some really nice little Agaves!

I love getting a box of plants! It's like Christmas any day of the year opening the little bundles. lol...

Just to let you know..
In the future when you get new plants or repot them, they should go in a dry mix for a few days to allow the roots to callous over just in case any broke, to avoid rot.

JoJo

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 9:34AM
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

Thanks JoJo, I was keeping that in mind when I made the potting mix up. It was only the sunshine #4 that was a slightly damp not really wet, the other ingredients grit, perlite and something that looks like turface were bone dry as were the clay pots. There wasn't any damage on the roots that I could see and I kept the mix light and airy just tapping the pots to settle the mix. I'll keep these in the house for the winter, move them out to the greenhouse in the spring.
Annette

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 10:56AM
cactusmcharris

Annette,

They got there a day early and in fine fettle - I'm glad you're happy with them. If, in a year, you find yourself surrounded by lots of miniature Agaves, I'd be proud to say I knew her when....

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 2:33PM
More Discussions
Inflorescence Bulbils
Yep. Pups on flower stems. Feel free to add your own:)...
hanzrobo
Help! New to succulents and I think I have a pest!
Can you help me identify what this white stuff is on...
bbrich86
Need a good place to buy Mesembs and cheridopsis
Hi folks, Looking for a place that has a good selection...
Bama_Joe
Snow Day Succulents
I hope everyone in the NE is enjoying their snow day!...
ehuns27 7a PA
HELP! (also) new to succulents. Should I attempt to replant?!
Hi! My name is Courtney. I am in search of some advice....
Courtney Rasura
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™