There's a frog on my dahlia

spartacusSeptember 12, 2007

Thought you might like to see a couple of pictures of Sir Alfred Ramsey(plus frog). I was heading out to take pictures and this little fellow was just hanging out-it must have been quite a journey for him. He let me take numerous pictures and even turned from time to time to show me his better side.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oxmyx(6)

very nice! Is it a very small toad, protecting your Dahlias, looking out for bugs to eat?
Where are you located?

Bookmark   September 12, 2007 at 5:00PM
Poochella(7 WA)

Your frog has exceptional taste in dahlias. What a gorgeous triumph of gardening for you, and of expedition climbing for him!

Bookmark   September 12, 2007 at 5:23PM
spartacus

Thanks for the replies; I am in Michigan. I looked it up on the MI dept of natural resources site and it is a gray tree frog. they can change color to gray, green, or brown, according to environment or activity. Looks like pink was way to difficult! here's a pic

Bookmark   September 12, 2007 at 6:36PM
daniellalell

That is so awesome!! I Love it!! I would pay to have some of then lil guys in my yard! I love frogs. Can you tell I'm jealous, LOL! Do you mind if I use that pic as the background for my comp?
Daniella

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 2:22PM
spartacus

If you mean the dahlia picture, go right ahead, I'm glad you liked it. The frog by itself is off from the MI DNR site.

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 3:16PM
daniellalell

Yes, I mean the dahlia pic, the flower is gorgeous. And you take beautiful pix. thank you :)

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 4:41PM
misslucinda

I guess your lil gray tree frog turned green with envy, eh (ouch sorry for the pun). No, simply a magnificent dahlia and all the more magnificent for it's visitor.

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 10:30PM
More Discussions
Storing tubers
So last year I stored my tubers in peat moss and cardboard...
leersa
Found Dahlias
I found some dahlias bulbs that my father used to grow....
JJRoo
FoodSaver for storing
Has anyone ever used the Food Saver system to store...
bitbit
Winter sunshine
With temps dipping subzero again this weekend, a little...
cicivacation
That's a wrap!
The Color Spectacle split into six (four large, two...
morpheuspa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™