Looking for Plastic Wrap method that was on Picture Trail

lorraine_2006September 3, 2006

Last year I found the site that pictured step by step, picture by picture on how to do the plastic wrap method for dahlia tubers. This was a slide presentation on Picture Trail. I can't seem to access it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks, Lorraine from Toronto, Ontario Canada.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cailinriley(z3 Calgary AB)

Did you use Saran Wrap to store your tubers last year? If so, how did it work? Oddly enough, I've been able to overwinter my dahlias by just tossing them, clean and dry, into a box in our basement. No vermiculite or any other covering. I've had to make sure they stand upright, otherwise the new growth in spring is all wonky before I even notice. Mother Nature should not reward my laziness like that...it only encourages me!

The Picture Trail account you saw last year could have been cancelled or changed. (?) I found the method for you on a web page, but I could not link directly to it because of problems GW has been having with spam.

If you Google: "No Fuss: Store Your Tubers in Plastic Wrap", you should be able to find the page you want.

Bookmark   September 4, 2006 at 1:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lorraine_2006

Thanks for the google page. I did a search and came across the No Fuss that someone had posted on Garden Web. Cheers! Lorraine

Bookmark   September 4, 2006 at 7:23PM
More Discussions
New to dahlia's. Suggestions?
Hi, I've chosen dahlia's as my new thing to grow this...
annofpa zone 6b
Winter sunshine
With temps dipping subzero again this weekend, a little...
cicivacation
New to Dahlias. help my tubers are drying out
HI everyone. I dug my dahlias and washed them before...
flashphoto
Identifying a plant
Can anyone tell me what this is please? It's come up...
chillout_cy
Potted dahlias that never went dormant
Hi everyone! I bought two potted dahlias at an end-of-season...
debby_z4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™