Some pics before its too late

covellaSeptember 16, 2007

Gosh I've been meaning to take some pics and just decided to do it right now in the dark. I had a weird year for dahlias. I'm sure I got some that were mislabeled because I don't remember the shell pink one at all. But it's pretty and gets prettier as it ages - the pink deepens.

But if I'd known the color I wouldn't have paired it w Omega - so excuse the color palette.

This first one is Omega

\

This is the unknown dinner plate

Here they are together

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
covella

I think it might be Papageno now that I'm thinking about it. And after a quick search I'm not even sure that is Omega although thats how it was labelled.

Bookmark   September 17, 2007 at 12:12AM
Poochella(7 WA)

Very nice Alyrics! The delicate sheen and colors on that large pink one is very attractive. Despite your weird year, you turned out some winners there.

Seems like 90% of people who grow dahlias complained about a strange year this year regardless of location. 'The year without a summer" is how they describe it here. Cooler and wetter than usual. Saved me a few hours of watering- yay!

Bookmark   September 17, 2007 at 10:59AM
covella

Good to hear from you Poochella. Where are your pics? Huh huh? Would love to see more before the fall begins in earnest.

Bookmark   September 17, 2007 at 2:31PM
bigcityal(z5WI)

Did you try and have Otto's Thrill again.LOL
Looks pretty good to me - I'm always under the impression you live in a forest.

Bookmark   September 17, 2007 at 10:45PM
covella

Hi Al, good to hear from you. Haven't seen much of you over here.
Yes - I planted 6 Otto's Thrill and it looks like they were mislabelled because I didn't show you my forest of White Perfection. I wouldn't have chosen that much white, but its a beautiful dinnerplate. I do, I do live in a real forest, but I get enough sun on the edge of my deck to grow dahlias in pots. I use the petals from White Perfection to mark trails in the woods.

There was a co-op I bought a bunch of Mighty Plant and Messenger from Eden BioScience - I never had good luck with Miracle-Gro but that Mighty Plant is amazing. I tested some new soil mix recipes and some of my dahlias came up pretty chlorotic - MP took care of that. There might be a late Otto in there that will try to bloom still but I'm not holding my breath.

Nobody likes that orange and yellow cactus huh. I think its gorgeous - looks like lemons and tangerines.

Post some pics will you? How was your crop this year?

Bookmark   September 18, 2007 at 12:01AM
pdshop(5)

What does MP stand for? I also have some chloric problems. I also had bouoght some dahlias from a major grower and I have a "forest" of light lavender.!! I also have about two oothers I didn't order. What do you do about that?

Bookmark   September 18, 2007 at 10:09AM
Poochella(7 WA)

Alyrics, Photos- some of mine are in the 'gallery' linked up above the thread list. I like your Omega well enough, never get tired of fall colors, but that pink one is just very lovely.

pdshop, I think "MP" was just shorthand for Mighty Plant.

Bookmark   September 18, 2007 at 2:18PM
bigcityal(z5WI)

Well jeez A. I have only posted photos of mine on 4 sites - 3 or them free and that's not enough.LOL Let me update the ones on my Flickr account and I'll give you that link.

Bookmark   September 18, 2007 at 5:09PM
covella

WEll honey - which sites? Always up for some freebies

Bookmark   September 18, 2007 at 5:43PM
bigcityal(z5WI)

I'll send you an email.

Bookmark   September 18, 2007 at 6:24PM
More Discussions
Seeds or Tubers? Info needed.
So I am new to gardening in general and I am interested...
pinkkpearls
What dahlias are you adding this year?
The catalogs are starting to arrive. What varieties...
KarenPA_6b
What are some early flowering dinnerplate varieties?
I've been growing dahlias here in Wyoming for 4 years...
seranata
When will this winter ever be over?
Can't wait for the better weather to come so I can...
Paul Reeder
MDS Annual Tuber Sale at Bachman's
Saturday, April 11th, 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. MDS Annual...
salvidordahlia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™