My first Dahlias

indy76km(5 - Rumford, ME)October 16, 2009

These are my first Dahlias. I don't know what kind they are because they were given to me by someone who didn't know either except that they were a dinner plate type. The white ones were at least 10 to 12 inches accross and the purple I would say were about 6 to 8 inches accross. I am hooked now and have been looking for what variety I want to add for next year.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oscarthecat(z7MD)

Good pics,good dahlias,cute hand. Steve S.

Bookmark   October 16, 2009 at 4:31AM
Poochella(7 WA)

Congratulations on your new hobby! Plenty of dahlias will go with those two beautiful colors. I wonder if your lavender one might be Lilac Time? There are so many mislabelled versions of it out on the market,(I bought 6 of them grrr) but yours has that bluish-lavender tone that is hard to find.

Enjoy your blooms before old Jack Frost gets them.

Bookmark   October 16, 2009 at 5:14AM
indy76km(5 - Rumford, ME)

I looked up pictures of Lilac Time Dahlias and your right they match! Thanks :) My goal for next year is to keep them from being snacked on by pests so I can get some good pictures. I was thinking for next year that I would like something peachy in color. I've been looking at different pictures and writing down the ones I like. I just have to remember that I am only shopping for one kind lol

Bookmark   October 17, 2009 at 12:13PM

Does anyone have any idea what the white one might be?

Bookmark   October 24, 2009 at 3:04PM
plantlady2008

Wild guess on the white one- Snowbound. The picture on this link is yellower than any Snowbound that I've seen before- the form & size are right. I think Viking grows it so maybe he can have a look & compare.

Here is a link that might be useful: Snowbound

Bookmark   October 25, 2009 at 7:05PM

I found one that looks like it at in a Dahlia catalog online. Could it be a "White Kelvin"? Snowbound does look like it but I'm not 100% convinced its a match. The petals look a little pointier than mine maybe? Mine really isn't as yellow as it looks it is just the way the picture came out. Actually it's white on the outside and more of a cream color in the middle.

Here is a link that might be useful: Endless Summer Farm - White Kelvin

Bookmark   October 25, 2009 at 8:52PM
More Discussions
Dahlia information
Hello everyone, I am thinking of getting Dahlias (either...
nad0nad
Found Dahlias
I found some dahlias bulbs that my father used to grow....
JJRoo
Seeds or Tubers? Info needed.
So I am new to gardening in general and I am interested...
pinkkpearls
New to dahlia's. Suggestions?
Hi, I've chosen dahlia's as my new thing to grow this...
annofpa zone 6b
Ship Dahlias to Mexico
Hello. I want to buy Dahlias tubers or seed from US,...
Mike_Ibarra
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™