Got Turkeys? OT

thinman(Z5 MI)January 10, 2014

Yep, it's a little bit off topic, but really, what else do I have to take pictures of at this time of year?

I think these guys are hungry and I wonder if they will make it through this very snowy and cold winter.

ThinMan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
freezengirl(3aMN and 5AK)

That is cool! We don't have wild turkeys this far north in MN but they do have them in the southern part of the state. I have only seen them hanging out around the open fields of corn and other crops. Isn't it great to live where we can see wildlife?

Bookmark   January 10, 2014 at 6:17PM
cyn427(z7aN. VA)

Well, you had better get busy feeding them, TM! ;)

Actually, turkeys can be a tad intimidating when a whole bunch of them are coming toward you! Ask me how I know. Haha.

Great photo.

Bookmark   January 10, 2014 at 7:17PM
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

Thats so neat ! Every once in a while we have them in the back yard . And here in nashville there is a great place to take walks around a lake that is on a nature reserve .. The wild animals are completely unafraid of you and I have had turkeys march right out in front of me and form a line ! Deer too. It's pretty awesome

Bookmark   January 10, 2014 at 10:18PM
grandmachris

Several years ago when my now adult granddaughter was visiting she came in saying, "If I didn't know better, grandma, I would say there was a turkey in your vegetable garden." In the intervening years we have come to see them more regularly though still it's a surprise. They generally come in ones or twos at our place at the edge of town on acreage. When we go country road riding we see more. I expect the coyotes are interested.

Bookmark   January 11, 2014 at 2:06PM
More Discussions
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Brrr, woke up to no power this morning and the house...
cyn427 (zone 7)
Aftermidnight (and others please) question
Hi Annette, I am finding this Houzz hard to navigate...
duncandotty
Wanting to sow my wild flower seeds, have questions
Recently a gas line was installed in front of our house...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Weekend Trivia - Saturday
Good Saturday morning, Cottagers!! A few of us having...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning all. It is warmer here today, but seems...
cyn427 (zone 7)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™