Where is the best place to buy tubers?

Linda's Garden z6 UtahOctober 1, 2008

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and just became interested in growing dahlia's last year. Right now I have about 15 varieties and am planning on getting a lot more next spring. I would love to know who your favorite mail order suppliers are. The ones I currently have came from Swan Island Dahlia's and some from a friend of mine.

Thanks,

Linda:)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sturgeonguy(5a ON)

Our member PlantLady2008, with her hubby, own's Wynne's Dahlias. I haven't bought from her myself, but others here have and I have already placed an order myself for next year.

All of my Dahlias come from Swan Island Dahlias. They've been great to me and their tubers have been great too. I had one that didn't sprout this year and they quickly promised to give me 2 extra (plus the one that didn't sprout) on my next year's order (I didn't want them to send me them back in the spring this year.) Lots of choices, and they've all grown pretty much to their specifications (except that Raspberry Punch is listed as a Stellar but is, in fact, a FD...;-])

I know others here by elsewhere, so hopefully you'll get a number of well recommended choices.

Cheers,
Russ

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 8:03PM
Poochella(7 WA)

Swan Island is a sure bet. From personal positive experience and in no particular order, I also recommend highly: Connell's Dahlias, Dan's Dahlias, Accent Dahlias, Cowlitz River Dahlias, Wynne's Dahlias, J and C Dahlias.

If you want to see what others say about a comprehensive list of dahlia suppliers, check the link- a valuable tool for all things gardening, not just dahlias.

Here is a link that might be useful: Check Dahlia Vendors here

Bookmark   October 4, 2008 at 12:29AM
Linda's Garden z6 Utah

Hey, thanks for all the great suggestions. I am sure I will be spending a lot of time looking at all those different sites!

Bookmark   October 5, 2008 at 12:10PM
huey_ga(z7)

Ferncliff has the best tubers and they always grow. I also purchase from some of the others listed. After 30 plus years of buying tubers I will only purchase new releases from Swan Island.

Bookmark   October 6, 2008 at 7:14AM
More Discussions
Starting dahlias in miracle grow potting soil
Hello,,,I need some help in getting my dahlias started...I...
dancinnance
large booms
I would like to kmow a variyey which will produce a...
paul584
Winter sunshine
With temps dipping subzero again this weekend, a little...
cicivacation
Dahlia information
Hello everyone, I am thinking of getting Dahlias (either...
nad0nad
Hybrid, mutation or cultivar?
Do you grow Dahlia from seeds? These are supposed to...
jujujojo_gw
Sponsored Products
nuLOOM Indoor/ Outdoor Floral Fancy Porch Rug (8' x 10')
Overstock.com
Small Yellow Velvet & Black Sequins Standard Rocker
$59.99 | zulily
Addison ross lime enamel frames
Origin Crafts
Frisky Friends Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Kid Essentials - Infants &
$255.95 | Bellacor
Rite Lite 4 LED Pivot & Swivel Accent Light, White, 3 Pack LPL743W
$16.28 | Home Depot
Panama Jack Gather Braided Rug - GT01R024X084
$129.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™