Help with Dwarf Meyer Lemon Tree - Brown spots on leaves

nhi_nNovember 21, 2009

Hello,

I purchased my Meyer lemon tree about a month ago, repotted it and while it seems to be generally doing well (putting out new shoots and flower buds), the lower leaves seem to be developing brown spots that spread over the entire leaf. I've taken several photos. Whatever guidance you could provide would be appreciated!

Best,

Nhi

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of Meyer Lemon tree

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plant54

chemical burn, causes, feritlizer and or other chemicals sprayed on. Your tree will be fine. This could also be from spraying tree with fresh water on a hot sunny day.

Bookmark   November 23, 2009 at 10:07AM
nhi_n

Thank you! I did fertilize it with an slow release organic all-purpose fertilizer (10% nitrogen, 2% phosphate, 8% potash, 1.8% calcium, 3% sulfur) when I first repotted it so, so maybe it's hitting the tree now? I was worried that the cause was fungal, overwatering (although I've been very good about not "overloving" my tree) or even some nutrient deficiency/imbalance. Would it be better to leave it be (let the existing fertilizer leach out) or should I "treat" with a citrus fertilizer?

Thanks, again, for your advice!

Bookmark   November 23, 2009 at 1:41PM
plant54

This was caused from a spray by either adding Iron, Micro nutrients or a liquid fertilizer that was sprayed on the leaves. Another cause would be spraying water in full sun.
Your tree will do just fine. I suggest if you spray your tree early morning is the best.
I also suggest re-evaluating your fertilizer use, research the site

Bookmark   November 23, 2009 at 2:25PM
More Discussions
sweet citrus trees in 2015 diary
this is my diary of my citrus trees from the last 2...
Steve, Micro (6B ground, 5B roof)
Got a couple citrus and don't know what to do
So, I got a lemon tree and a lime tree as housewarming...
beesneeds
Black Stuff on Lemon Tree - Leaves Curling
What is happening to my pink lemonade lemon? I've...
lekennedy4
Grapefruit Tree fertilizer
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding fertilizer...
Newtster
Need help with my Meyer lemon!
Hi everyone, new to this forum and to gardening in...
wanderess
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™