Recommendations for a deep rose colored dahlia?

steve22802(7a VA)October 8, 2012

I'm looking for recommendations for a deep rose pink colored dahlia for cutting. I'm thinking of Rebecca Lynn. Mystique didn't do it for me, it looked too faded. I like good strong colors.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidinsf

"I'm a Hottie" is supposed to be a vibrant HOT pink but I tried one this year and it was not HOT by any means. But it was the first year so I have learned it may need a year or two to get established.

If you want unique vibrant color, I highly recommend "Passionate".

The pic on Swan island does NOT do it justice and their description of it is almost criminal in its simplicity. They say "great garden color".. that is "a nice combination against the dark stems". It is supposed to be magenta but it is a combo of deep red and purple that I cannot adequately describe. It truly seems electric and seemingly 'glows' in my yard. Not a profuse bloomer - though again it was my first year having it so it may need a year to get accustomed to my environment (little sun). But I highly recommend it as it is a unique color that words cannot describe.

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 9:36PM
steve22802(7a VA)

I saw "I'm a Hottie" growing in a friend's garden and I liked it a lot. It's color seemed quite similar to the Onesta i'm growing now, but with less fading than I've experienced with Onesta. I think I'll give it a try next season.

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 10:20PM
Linda's Garden z6 Utah

I'm a Hottie is one of my favorites and it is very HOT color in my climate.

Linda

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 7:14PM
oscarthecat(z7MD)

how about Vernon Rose

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 3:32PM
steve22802(7a VA)

I looked at a variety of pictures of Vernon Rose on Google images and it doesn't appear to be a rose pink color. It actually looks just about the same as a variety I received in trade this spring called Painted Girl, lavendar with dark purple flecks, which is one of my new favorites but is not pink at all.

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 8:10AM
Noni Morrison

Ted Kennedy of Hollyhill Dahlias recommended "Hollyhill Bridget" to me as a hot pink (similar color but bigger then Fatima). I am going to try it this next year. Its still a small sized dahlia nice for bouquets. Chimicum Katie is another gorgeous Deep pink...some would call it lavender, but to me it is a hot pink that glows and beautiful shape. Another favorite of mine is Wyoming Wedding but it has a nice bit of lavender and gold mixed into the pink.

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 7:31PM
steve22802(7a VA)

Thanks for the suggestions Lizalily! I can't wait till next season to try out some new varieties and to propagate more of my favorites from 2012.

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 7:53AM
More Discussions
Seeds or Tubers? Info needed.
So I am new to gardening in general and I am interested...
pinkkpearls
Identifying a plant
Can anyone tell me what this is please? It's come up...
chillout_cy
Dahlia information
Hello everyone, I am thinking of getting Dahlias (either...
nad0nad
Another Dahlia Newbie!
I have always admired dahlias! I bought a beautiful,...
Matthew Condon - Indiana.Matt - IN, Zone 5/6
new guy at the forum
Hi every one I'm new to the forum but I've been reading...
rayagain
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™