First frost this a.m.

calpat(zone9ab No.Ca.)November 28, 2006

It was cold, but quite beutiful to see! Then the sun came out, frost melted away leaving my gorgegous Mums wilted on the ground and the Dahlias a mushy mess, so much for my fall/winter flowers. Well, you can't have everything and this was not unexpected, it happens every year! Got the Mums cleared away and onto compost pile, tomarrow, weather permitting, the dahlias will be next. The EverLasting flowers are still hanging in there along with a few Petunias and a few protected Mums. Time to get ready for a new season! How's your garden growing!BUT, last week I had taken in a huge box of Mums to one of the business offices I frequent and today got a lovely Thank You Note from each of them, the Mums added color & cheer to their Thanksgiving celebrations!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Poochella(7 WA)

I bet you made those people's days with your gift of flowers. Everything here is frozen solid except a few brave alyssum and lobelia still blooming in rail boxes on the front deck. How they can do it in this frigid cold blast, I'll never guess.

Bookmark   November 29, 2006 at 10:19AM
More Discussions
Another Dahlia Newbie!
I have always admired dahlias! I bought a beautiful,...
Matthew Condon - Indiana.Matt - IN, Zone 5/6
Hybrid, mutation or cultivar?
Do you grow Dahlia from seeds? These are supposed to...
jujujojo_gw
Dahlia information
Hello everyone, I am thinking of getting Dahlias (either...
nad0nad
Winter sunshine
With temps dipping subzero again this weekend, a little...
cicivacation
Potted dahlias that never went dormant
Hi everyone! I bought two potted dahlias at an end-of-season...
debby_z4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™