More from Lou

lou1850ftJanuary 14, 2013

I sure wish I could figure out how to post more than one!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lou1850ft

Looking into the garden from the side.

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 9:49PM
lou1850ft

This is looking in from the front. I have the tops of the arbors done, now I've got to get the husband working on the gates. Their going to be oramental iron. And I need to build a walk of some sort to the driveway. And last but not least, I've got to build window boxes, last summer the geraniums got so big, they fell off the shelves.

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 10:00PM
lou1850ft

Looking towards the front arbor.

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 10:03PM
lou1850ft

As you can see the outside needs some work!

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 10:11PM
lou1850ft

This is last year at this time. Right now we have more ice.

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 10:18PM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

Enchanting. I love your picket fence, too. Thank you for posting all of these lovely photos.
Renee

Bookmark   January 15, 2013 at 2:57AM
freezengirl(3aMN and 5AK)

I love your pathways, the way you intermixed the different kinds of blocks and stones. You have done a great job at getting the hardscape done which really shows off your landscape. The garden in front of the gate is quite lovely.

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 12:01PM
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

lou, that garden is fantastic!

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 11:54AM
luckygal(3b)

Your garden is lovely Lou! It's obvious a lot of hard work has gone into it. Thanks for posting and I look forward to more pics.

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 8:32PM
gottagarden(z5 western NY)

Amazing! Your gardens are thick and lush and gorgeous - just the way I like them. Love the millstone in the path under your arbor, and your blue tall delphiniums.

Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 8:56AM
plantmaven(8b/9a TX)

You are very talented.

Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 11:29AM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

Such Eye Candy!!! I love it all!!!

Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 2:17PM
sweetannie4u(midOK_z6b/7a)

Lou,

I too love how you mixed the brick-work with river stones (or beach stones?). Very "Cottagey". The paths, your arbors and flowers are just lovely. I wish I could take a stroll and peruse all your flowers and structures.
I really like the beds along the outside of the picket fence. Very traditional and charming.

And you photos of everything are excellent and very artistic. You've created a lovely Cottage Garden.

Congratulations on a lot of work well done.

Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 2:42PM
koszta_kid(Iowazone 5)

Add me to list of loving the flower beds and picket fence.My fence is getting replaced this summer I have picket-but needs to be painted.Going plastic this time around.

Bookmark   January 23, 2013 at 8:43PM
lou1850ft

Koszta_kid, I had wanted to go plastic too, but we bought the boards for the pickets at an auction for 8 dollars. Couldnt beat the price!

Bookmark   January 24, 2013 at 8:45AM
NHBabs z4b-5a NH

Lou - Nice garden! It really complements your house well.

In order to post more than one photo at a time you first have to upload your pictures to a photo hosting website like Picasaweb (which I use) or Photobucket to name a couple. Then you click on the photo, find the code to embed (not link) the photo and do a copy & paste of the code into your post for as many photos as you want. I usually post a medium large size, but you have several choices of how big the photo will appear.

For more detail there's a good FAQ on posting photos (from before there was the single photo upload option at the top of each post or followup) on the New England forum, linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to post photos FAQ

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 8:35PM
koszta_kid(Iowazone 5)

Lou How long has your paint lasted?? We think the paint we got had been froze. Comes off in sheets. Got 2 pickup loads of street bricks $10 a load.

Bookmark   January 28, 2013 at 8:09AM
lou1850ft

Wow Kosta! Wish I could get bricks that cheap. we buy them at the auction for my veg garden and I used them in the cottage garden, but their hard to come by cheap! We do touch ups on the fence. The worst spot has been where it had been painted in 100 degree sun. It was also coming off in sheets. We use an oil base primer because the wood is cedar.

Bookmark   January 28, 2013 at 10:40PM
lou1850ft

Nhbabs, Thank-you for the advice! Next time I have photos to post I'm going to give it a whirl. Hope fully I'm not too computer dumb to make it work. Thanks for the link too!

Bookmark   January 28, 2013 at 10:50PM
samhain10(5a - MI)

Beautiful! In the very 1st pic, what's the short blue flower on the left?

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 7:56AM
koszta_kid(Iowazone 5)

I want to go to house recycle center they have in Cedar Rapids Iowa. Lot of porch posts. Many houses going down-big flood in 08. 20 feet over flood stage in some places. We got bricks after -they did street work.

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 9:01AM
lou1850ft

samhain10, thats (johnsons blue. I think)a geranium. I yanked that plant it was being a bully to my columbines, it self seeds SSSuper easy!

Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 12:04AM
koszta_kid(Iowazone 5)

Lou I will look for that flower. Want more blue flowers in my bed.Have Red,White and Blue them in my beds . Many USA flags.

Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 10:35AM
samhain10(5a - MI)

Thanks for telling me, Lou. Darn! I'm familiar with perennial geraniums, but didn't recognize it as such. They ARE bullies and will take over your entire garden if given the chance! Beautiful when in flower, but afterwards, it almost seems like a waste of time to simply cut out the flowering stalks because the rest of the leaves start looking ragged and ugly, too. I've decided I'm going to start taking the drastic approach of shearing the whole thing down to an inch or so after flowering. By the fall it will look good again and the leaves put on a lovely red display.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 10:03AM
More Discussions
Forum changed ALOT
OMGosh, this whole forum completely changed! WHen did...
todancewithwolves
Here's what my Garden looks like!!
The icicles are getting crazy big, but they look pretty...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning all. It is warmer here today, but seems...
cyn427
Boxwood not looking good
It's blowing snow and cold here today and the boxwood...
schoolhouse_gw
An Irish Cottage Garden.
Not my own Irish Cottage Garden this time,..i have...
nulty
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™