Spraying for deer

charlesinsc(8a)March 3, 2007

I have had pretty good success with "Deer Off" as long as I spray every 3 weeks at least. And after a rain. My problem is the sprayers I've tried keep clogging. Can anyone recommend a sprayer they have used which resists clogging?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mersiepoo(6)

I just spray bullets with a pump action shotgun (wishful thinking).

Bookmark   March 8, 2007 at 5:06PM
charlesinsc(8a)

Yeah mersiepoo, I thought about that but I figured most of my neighbors would be jumping into their bomb shelters. Honestly, there may have to be an environmental change, such as releasing bobcats or something. (i hear bobcats in the lower part of SC have started to make some difference.) Here we have managed to reduce the habitat by about 70% and the deer population has increased about 50%. Go figure.

Bookmark   March 8, 2007 at 10:22PM
mersiepoo(6)

I know, I feel the same way (except I don't mind scaring our neighbors, ha ha). The biggest predators that have been coming around are coyotes. Bobcats are rare here, but some people claimed they saw them. I'd love if they'd reduce the size of the deer population (and feral cat population too since they kill songbirds and don't even make a dent in the rodent population around here). I had to get guinea fowl because of the threat of lyme disease around here. Luckily they work really good.

(see my rant on deer brain wasting disease, hee hee)

I think you can make a silencer with duct tape and a tennis ball. May work with a shotgun too... :)

Bookmark   March 15, 2007 at 4:59PM
More Discussions
Foundation planting help
I posted a whole long message but I think it was lost....
lmich9
Deer/ Honeysuckle and Trumpet Vine
I have a deer problem. They just consumed all of my...
robinva
Shrubs Under Black Walnut Trees
Can I plant Serviceberry, Winterberry, and Bayberry...
tomp123
Shady spot in front of house - what plants will work?
I have a large mulched area in front of my home that...
laumaclandscape
VERY Wet Yard - Wanted, Water-Loving Plant Ideas
We purchased our 6 acre home in January of this year...
Zephyrhills
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™