Deer fencing bought on line?

burry(7 Maryland)May 9, 2011

I have finally had it with the deer eating my garden so I plan to do a deer fence around it. I could use any advice you can give. I looked at Home Depot for the green poultry fence - 5 feet, but they were out. Since then I have found some deer fencing kits online. There is one at Benner's that is $280 for the 100 feet that I need - -a heavy duty fencing. This particular garden is next to my house and I don't think the deer will jump even a short fence which was why I considered the 5 feet wire fence.

Have any of you used an online deer fencing -- Benner's or any other? What do you recommend for my situation.

Thanks so much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
curtis0353

Not trying to discourage you, but I have deer problems as well and the deer do not hesitate to jump over my 4 foot fence and I don't think that a five foot fence would be very effective at keeping the deer out. Everything that I have read about fencing suggests an 8 foot fence to keep out deer.

Curtis

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 9:59AM
IgardenerA(4)

Liquid Fence

Bookmark   July 8, 2011 at 7:32PM
wertach zone 7-B SC

If you have a Tractor Supply store near you it would be a lot less expensive.

Here is a link that might be useful: tractor supply

Bookmark   August 15, 2011 at 2:54PM
David7777

Hello I have built my own deer fence recently, after many years of deer damage I had enough. I bought a kit from Deerbusters.com. They recommended at least 7.5' tall so that it what I bought. The material I ordered was much stronger than the material I could find locally and I am very happy with the results. My wife and I put it up in an afternoon. It is so nice to have a garden again, there is nothing worse than putting all my time into growing vegetables just to feed the deer.

Bookmark   September 8, 2013 at 2:54PM
More Discussions
Large leaves.
This NOID doesn't have any flowers, but sure has some...
newgen
Deer/ Honeysuckle and Trumpet Vine
I have a deer problem. They just consumed all of my...
robinva
VERY Wet Yard - Wanted, Water-Loving Plant Ideas
We purchased our 6 acre home in January of this year...
Zephyrhills
Standing Ovation Serviceberry
I am considering planting a Standing Ovation Serviveberry...
DanZone4
finding the right privacy fence plant
I would like to build a privacy fence, but have a slightly...
dtrachtman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™