Tall orange daylilies

Maryl zone 7aFebruary 22, 2011

I'm looking for a daylily that has scapes at least 36+ inches tall. Since it's part of a landscaping scheme, the form of the individual blooms aren't as important as the mass of color. It needs to be a warm orange (it will go with pinky lavender) as opposed to a more yellow hue. It also needs to be color fast enough not to bleach out by evening. Someone on this forum suggested just the right orange for another plot a couple of years ago and I'm hoping someone can come to my aid once again.....Thank you in advance...Maryl

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xokientx(z7aOK)

The first tall orange I think of is MATTHEW KASKEL. I would suggest going to the AHS database and searching for orange, anywhere in the cultivar name. That should give you a bunch to select from.
Ed

Here is a link that might be useful: AHS database

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 8:12PM
phaltyme21(5-6)

I would like to suggest SPARKLING ORANGE. It is a very
bright orange so it might not work but it sure is pretty.

Kay/phal

Bookmark   February 23, 2011 at 9:47AM
aquawise(zone 4 Utah)

Tangerine Horses is a tall orange! The flowers are also large and blooms a long time. Flowers stay orange without fading.
I have some in my gallery if you care to look. Click on the pic then the i and it will Id the plant for you. link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gallery

Bookmark   February 23, 2011 at 10:23AM
Maryl zone 7a

Thanks for all the information. I've been looking things up like crazy. While tracking down one orange I came across a post from this forum on Orange daylilies. Of course no height restrictions were mentioned, but one picture by rarejem shows true lilies with an orange eyed daylily. That is the color scheme I'm trying for, only I need the daylily to be the "pop" scarlet orange color range of the true lily in that picture. I hope that makes sense once you see the picture. Again, I appreciate any help you can give for this tall daylily......Maryl

Here is a link that might be useful: Rarejem's daylily picture post

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 4:04PM
sann777

Look at Orange Velvet. It is a tall plant with a large flower. Also, I love Garden Style. I'm pretty sure it is kind of orange, Sarah

Bookmark   February 25, 2011 at 8:23PM
More Discussions
NOIDS! The last alphabet post!
This has been fun! Now alot of us have to wait for...
sherrygirl zone5
Weather?
Off topic, just wanted to say I hope everyone is doing...
Nancy zone 6
NOIDS
Like Indian cast system the NOIDs appear to be low...
brigarif Khan
Marvelous "M" daylilies, let's see them!
It's time for the M daylilies and I actually have a...
sherrygirl zone5
Spiders in the garden.
I was thinking maybe we could do a post with everyone's...
Billi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™