deer repellent

joelsm(z6)May 11, 2008

I live near Lake Ontario in zone 6- have used coyote urine sprinkled around "deer desserts" annuals. It worked, but the garden wasn't near the house(about 100 feet away from back patio). It smelled awful up close, but it worked! Applied after summer downpours- about 3 times during the season. Once in the Fall before frost. Can buy it at most garden centers. Good luck!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rockthief(7/8)

OK. How do you GET coyote urine? Even if you buy it in "granular form", if that exists, how the heck do people get it in the first place, cause I can't imagine. Coyotes are wild. No one can capture their pee. If they are in a zoo, still, how would anyone capture the pee and get enough to sell. I'm almost laughing. Please tell me. Would my husband do? Could I send him out to "protect" the bushes with his coyote urine?

Bookmark   May 31, 2008 at 2:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chester_grant(6)

Coyote urine doesnt work for me - maybe as the deer have established browsing trails. Yesterday deer were munching just three feet away from an application bottle....so its back to garlic and sggs. Trouble is the garlic clogs up the sprayer - you cant win it seems.

Bookmark   June 3, 2008 at 3:29PM
More Discussions
plants that can survive 5' piled snow
Reclaiming 100 sf of parking space, but the snow still...
bobdove
Deer/ Honeysuckle and Trumpet Vine
I have a deer problem. They just consumed all of my...
robinva
Large leaves.
This NOID doesn't have any flowers, but sure has some...
newgen
low plants that like sun, damp feet- that deer do not like
Hi folks, I am gardening near Chapel Hill, NC and have...
lauriec
Shady spot in front of house - what plants will work?
I have a large mulched area in front of my home that...
laumaclandscape
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™