question about temp

shauntavia(z8 GA)December 12, 2012

It is around 50 degrees high here in Ga. Is it Ok to keep my plants outside? Also do portulucae bloom? And what time ofyear do kalanchoeanf crassula bloomi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrlike2u(**)

Also do portulucae bloom?

If it did there wouldn't be a single seed to collect. Even in natural areas of growth flowering would be oddly rare. Perhaps why they dont flower commonly is by the animals who feed off of them.

Over time the portulucae had evolved a different way of propagating that involves being dependent on the very same animal to feed off it and leave behind it's left over. If not for this one animal feeding off of them the portulucae would of long sense be extinct..

Ok to keep my plants outside? Yes you could by your plant heartiness zone 50 F is a safe window. As temps can sometimes drop lower and faster than we would want 50 f is a marker to consider bringing in if in colder temp zones. Iffy: if you want to bring in then bring in if not then keep a eye for low temp changes.

Crassula and kalanchoe bloom ?

All things considered crassulla by type ? and your area climate and micro climate factors would be something to learn. I dont have any buy I'm pretty sure the same area climate/ micro climate would be of some concern for kalanchoe

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 7:19PM
More Discussions
Crassula ovata rot?
Okay so I was given a large cutting last Thursday and...
Hamza Nobes
Cactus ID?
Purchased this one without a tag. It's about 14"...
fireweed22
My very first 'Terrarium' and need advice on watering.
So this is my first time doing Terrarium, and i want...
kizasugondo
preparing the new season
A first post on Houzz. This is a picture from the beginning...
hablu
New Additions from the Philadelphia Flower Show
This is what I acquired on Saturday at the Flower Show....
ehuns27 7a PA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™